X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baggins
    • Oct 2010

Cleto+Powermillsviw

I have a small question for you guys. It´s mostly about speedbags (and sviwels...It is a bit of dilemma too.
    I love my two speedbags. It is a Cleto Reyes small and a Lonsdale Authentic Peanut (equally small in size).
    Before I got my Evil Sviwel from Mr. JC, I only liked my chainlink sviw b/c it´s fast. Especially with the lightweight Lonsdale.
    Now I also like the Powermill b/c it´s fast AND smooth. The Cleto fits in the hook like a tight glove (which is good), but the Lonsdale sits there in the hook a bit too loose, and can, if I mishit, fall off the hook (which is bad).
    Now here is my dilemma/question: Since my heart best likes the superfast Lonsdale, but my common sense oriented brain, likes the superqualityfeel of the Cleto better, could the solution be, to buy the xs Cleto to reap the benefit of the xs´s speed and quality. And then maybe build another board to my beloved Lonsdale/chainlink combo.
    I know some of you guys have the xs cleto and likes it. But is it good on the Powermill? The xs is a bit expensive so I hesitate a little...
    Any inputs?
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

You should definitely leave the Powermill on your board; switching back to the chainlink would be taking a step backwards. The Powermill is the best swivel out there, and IMO, Cleto makes the best bag. You've got a killer combo with those two. I've got the Cleto Small, and XS; so I think adding the Cleto XS to your arsenal is probably a good idea. The Ringside XS is fairly comparable to the Cleto at about $30 less, if that sways your decision at all. Most people on this forum would probably agree that sticking with the ball/hook swivel is the way to go.

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

One option: wrap a bunch of duct tape around the loop for the Lonsdale, making it thicker so that it sits tighter on the swivel hook. Unless you are just looking for an excuse to buy another Cleto.

Another option: If you like a really superfast bag, with a great rebound, you may want to consider the Everlast Kangaroo Bag in a 5x8 (cost: $60). It is an awesome bag. (Just ask Paranday) I have the Authentic Peanut and love it. It's a great bag. But I like that Everlast even more. It is my favorite bag out of more than a dozen bags that I own. And I can vouch that it works great on the Powermill.

Comment

• baggins
        • Oct 2010

You guys are fast! Thanks. I have no intention on going back to the chainlink ( and stay there). The Powermill is too cool a tool. No doubt about that. @ avadia duct tape would leave the Lonsdale on (permanently alas).@ aad03 yeah! Good to hear from a man with all the answears. The way to go is to buy the xs, which is what I'll do.But actually after a small and very fast session with the Lonsdale today, it stayed on... mayby its just some practise..lol. Good to hear from you

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Baggins i use a cable tie on my lonsdale!! just trim the excess!!

Comment

• baggins
            • Oct 2010

Thanks Fingers, thats a good idea.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

There have been ideas posted for tightening the loop on a bag or closing the hook on the swivel with tape to keep the bag on, check speedbagcentral.com also. Although it's usually a mis-hit that makes it come off. So unless you're throwing a bunch of crazy punches with practice you should have less disconnects.

Comment

• ssdvc
                • Oct 2010

Hit up RP65, Ralph, for an xs Ringside. Inexpensive and it should get you where you need to go.
                ________
                Bondage Cam
                Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• MaccZero8
                  • Mar 2011

Anyone have any tips on how to get a Cleto bag on and off a Powermill swivel in less than 10 minutes? I have to shove it on then it takes forever to take it back off

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MaccZero8 View Post
                    Anyone have any tips on how to get a Cleto bag on and off a Powermill swivel in less than 10 minutes? I have to shove it on then it takes forever to take it back off
                    I took two sets of big channel lock pliers and bent the hook outward more such that the cleto bag goes on and off easier. However, I did this on an Everlast metal ball hook, but it should work on a Powermill as well. Just be aware if you do that, you'll make it more likely that other bags with regular sized loops will come off at in-opportune times. This Cleto bag has the widest, thickest loop I've ever seen. I absolutely could not get it mounted on my Jim Bradley swivel...

Comment

• larted
                      • Mar 2009

Needle noose pliers

Guys
                      I use needle noose pliers to squeeze the loop. It is best to due this more than one time because it takes awhile to reduce the thickness of the loop. Then use the pliers to hold the top of the "s" hook to put on/off the bag. It really works fast. The pliers that I use came from Lowes and they are small but have built-up handles. Try it and you will like it.
                      Larry

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
                        ...If you like a really superfast bag, with a great rebound, you may want to consider the Everlast Kangaroo Bag in a 5x8 (cost: $60). It is an awesome bag.
                        This guy has the Kangaroo bags for $52.50 delivered,

Medium
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140538872812

Large
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380334707818

But unfortunately he is out of the small 8x5 size until August. Check his feedback ratings.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...