X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssdvc
    • Oct 2010

Review On My New Ringside Bags

OK. I don't have a lot of experience, but I have been hitting a few different bags for about 8 months now. This is my first review, so take it with a grain of NOOB salt!

I got them in the mail today. The were cheap, really cheap (a steal actually), from that Craigslist ad as seen in the "Play it Again" section.

They are marked RPSB-S (5x8), PRSB-M (6x9) and RPSB-L (7x10). I am waiting for my forth bag, but it wasn't available at the time these three shipped. They came in the factory plastic wrap and were absolutely new. They appear to be very nicely constructed. The leather looks thicker, the seams flat and the bag is put together well.

I pumped each one to 4.5 psi. I started off hitting the LARGE bag first, for about 15 minutes. The bag "felt" heavier (maybe more solid would better explain it) than my huge Everlast bag, but rebounded much better and, I thought, was easier to control. I felt it gave me a better workout than the Everlast, which was larger, but a bit lighter.

I then hooked up the MEDIUM bag and beat that for 15 minutes (man, I am getting tired). I have another Everlast bag, the blue TA:M, which is about the same size. The Ringside bag is constructed far better than the Everlast. Again, there was a more solid feel to the bag. Control was great and I could get some nice speed from it. I like it.

Then there was the SMALL. I hit that for about 10 minutes (hey, I am over 50, give me a break). It is bigger than my Title Atomic XS by a few inches. Again, the same construction as the other two, very well done. And it just handled better than the other bags I have been playing with.

And just because I had a tad bit left in the tank, I did 5 minutes with the Atomic XS (still a really fast bag) and the Everlast TE:M, which felt a little less of a bag when put up against the RPSB-M

To recap, all three had a really good rebound and they acted very well, even with my NOOB mis-strikes and misses. They were a little easier to control and to get back under control. Construction was very nice.

I am very interested in how the bags wear and how long they will last. They are damn nice bags and for the price Ralph got them at, you can't beat it with a stick!

That's it ! I hope it was coherent. Bag on folks !
    ________
    Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
    Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:22 PM.
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Nice review. What size is the 4th one? Let us know how you like that bag. Kind of nice to have a matched set, eh?

Comment

• ssdvc
      • Oct 2010

Those sizes I wrote down are what I measured, which may or may not be right on. The last bag is the Extra Small. Given the performance of other three, this one should be nice also.

I really do like them. They just have a more substantial feel than anything else I own. I am glad I made the purchase.
      ________
      SiZzlinPuSsyHottie live
      Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah, ssdvc, you got a great deal for a nice variety of bags (good quality bags).
        I did get a chance to punch the small one and the next size up from that (6x9?).
        Anyway, they were top notch manuctured. Good leather and craftsmanship. The 6x9 was a bit heavy but was a good bag to punch. The small one (5x8, i think. It's their smallest one). I really liked. It was lighter, but still had enough weight to keep the momentum going once you started punching fast. It had great rebound and was fast. My favorite of the Ringsides for sure. I'd like to own one some day! Great review (pics etc.)
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Ralph sent me the XS ringside. Its a 7x4 i believe. Its about the same length as the everlast 6x4 but not as fat and it has a teardrop shape. That bag is really cool. But i believe he said they discontinued the XS. He does have a few in stock though.....RP65.
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

ssdvc, good review. Is there much difference between the three bags in their speed and the effort to punch. Is the leather the same thickness in all three? I've got two Title bags of different sizes and they function almost the same.

Comment

• jumpcannon
              Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I can answer that because i have the XS, S, and M. Material wise and thickness they are all the same. As far as hitting....they all have a totally different unique feel. I really dont like bigger bags.....but the medium has an awsome feel. I am really addicted to it. The small is about the size of a 9x6 and it is really nice. Now the XS is completely different. It has a totally different feel, sound, and rebound of any other bag. Its very narrow and you are challenged with hitting the sweet spot. Being a tiny bag it has a long loop. So your not hitting so close to the board. It drops the sweet spot down lower. Perfect bag.
              Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
              ssdvc, good review. Is there much difference between the three bags in their speed and the effort to punch. Is the leather the same thickness in all three? I've got two Title bags of different sizes and they function almost the same.
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Thanks, just wondering if it pays to have bags that are so similar in materials or if it's better to diversify.

Comment

• ssdvc
                  • Oct 2010

I second what Ryan said. Each bag has it's own unique feel and "terminal" speed. They all feel substantial though, that is consistent for all the Ringside bags I received, which I think is a good thing. I can not say that about any of the different sized Everlast bags I have.

Although far from an expert, I have been hitting bags 5 times a week and I go through each size every day I hit and I doing the same with the Ringside Bags. The large bag requires more power to make it dance then any of the smaller ones, and so on right down the line. The smaller you go, the less power you need, but more speed you get.

I can't wait to get the XS bag, to complete my collection and up my frustration given my poor and still developing skills . I really do like these bags a lot.
                  ________
                  Hornyskiny
                  Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...