X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 08speed3
    • Dec 2010

How long do you hit the speedbag?

Kinda curious? I hit the speedbag for about 30 mins. About 2 times a week. Trying to get it up to an hour. But i also hit the Heavybag & the DE bag as well as train on the slip bag, slip line, medicine ball, jump rope, treadmill, bike & workout with weights. Oh, i cant forget stretching out, this is key too!!
    Its hard to fit all of this in a week when i have a demanding job that takes 10 hrs of my day 6-7 days a week. YIKES, i cant forget family time. lol!

* Also when i get Alans book & dvd's im gonna want more time on the Speedbag. Damn, not enough hours during the day!!
    Last edited by 08speed3; 01-14-2011, 03:03 PM.
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

First month while the addiction was at its peak i hit 7 days a week.....untill my hands could take no more....then i would pace the basement back and forth untill i could hold my arms up to hit some more. Now that i have been hitting for 6 months the addiction is not so intense. I average about 4 days a week 15-20 minutes a session. I need to really get serious with it though. I am not making big improvements at this snail pace.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• 08speed3
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
      First month while the addiction was at its peak i hit 7 days a week.....untill my hands could take no more....then i would pace the basement back and forth untill i could hold my arms up to hit some more. Now that i have been hitting for 6 months the addiction is not so intense. I average about 4 days a week 15-20 minutes a session. I need to really get serious with it though. I am not making big improvements at this snail pace.
      I hear ya JC!

Comment

• StevieMac
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        First month while the addiction was at its peak i hit 7 days a week.....untill my hands could take no more....
        LOL, yep that for the first 6 weeks. I’ve been really busy lately and have only been getting in 30 minute sessions two or three times a week. An hour session is great when I can find the time.

Comment

• ssdvc
          • Oct 2010

Being that the economy is slow and I have some spare time, I usually try for 5 days a week, 30-60 minutes a day, just on the speed bag. I start with a large bag and work my way down to the Atomic Small. Then I do a regular workout, and then run (ok, I'm now over 50, so jog is a better word) a few miles.

When work picks back up I am sure I will be forced to cut back.
          ________
          bondage girl Webcams
          Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Inkspill
            • Dec 2010

About an hour each weekday except Monday & Wednesday when I have class, 2 ~ 3 hours Saturdays, Sundays either none or about an hour. I've been sick the last week & a half, so about 40 minutes to an hour every other day and 1 to 2 on Saturday. I stopped for a couple days because I got my first bloody knuckle, but I overcame with a couple layers of clear nail polish coat. I'm going to get back into it solid tomorrow.
            Last edited by Inkspill; 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I only get to the gym once or twice a week so I put in two to three hours. In apartment I tipped over a salvaged dresser and mounted platform to the top so I have to sit on the floor to bag. It limits movement so elbow strikes don't work but good enough for a short workout. Although at a speed bag convention people are known for punching for three days, LOL.
              Last edited by PIEFURZ; 01-15-2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• 08speed3
                • Dec 2010

thanks for all your replies! I kinda knew all of you spend some real good quality time on the speedbag. watching most of the vids on here just amazes me!!

Comment

• Inkspill
                  • Dec 2010

The inspiring part is that the abilities and skill level can be yours. When I see an impressive ability I try to immediately picture myself doing the same. This skill can be mine. This skill will be mine. And then go practice. The only way up the mountain is repetition.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...