X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inkspill
    • Dec 2010

new speed bag basher

Hi, new to the site and the speed bag. I was exposed a bit to it in boxing when I was younger but decided to get full on into it.

Just turned my second bedroom in our apartment into my grotto of discipline. standing century speed bag/heavy bag combo.

hi everybody. hope you are well I can't wait to learn more and improve my skill level.
    Last edited by Inkspill; 12-27-2010, 09:23 AM.
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Welcome to the forum Inkspill, this place will help and inspire you on your speedbag journey! best forum bar none.

Comment

• Inkspill
      • Dec 2010

thanks fingers. I have found a lot of good information so far on the main speedbagcentral.com site and I see there are a lot of resources available to me!

damn that's a tiny speedbag in your pic! I bet your basics must be perfect on that thing.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2010

Glad to have you on the forum!

Welcome to the forum Inkspill! There is lots of cool stuff on the forum for everyone that wants to excel and expand their speed bag skills!

Bag it up!
        Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• baggins
          • Oct 2010

Hi there and wellcome as well. I am pretty new at bagging too. Hit it at least 5-6 days a week in the start, and your basics will sink in, in a matter of months. Good luck man.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2008

welcome aboard Inkspill

Comment

• StevieMac
              • Oct 2010

Welcome to the forum Inkspill.

Comment

• Inkspill
                • Dec 2010

thanks fellas for the welcome!

I am hitting the bag daily. I tried hitting to the live version of Tool's "Push It" (from the Salival album) last night. I recorded it for my own review I will try recording again and sharing once I get it down better and figure out the combinations and timing to match the song parts. I may just share it anyway, I could use some critical review.

I am figuring out some odd combinations trying to match the odd timing, which I find odd having little musical experience. found a somewhat matching rhythm to the song with RCP'''RCP'LCP'''LCP'''LCP'RCP'''RCP'''RCP'LCP etc**

**note, I do not mean to say that I created this combination, I know I didn't invent the wheel or the system of writing, I mean no infraction on any existing copyright, I only intend to communicate in the same language.

I should probably get the Speed Bag Bible but right now I'm finding my own way on some things, I don't want to be a carbon copy of others styles, I want to find my own way.

I've been using some different strikes from my Kenpo and that's been interesting and fun. inward horizontal heel palm strikes, snapping back knuckle strikes which end up becoming more of a rolling bk strike, and four finger straight spear hands. anyway, thanks guys.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...