• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r.macfarland
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2010

Leaving your bag in a cold environment

I was just wondering if it hurts the bag in any way leaving it in a cold environment. I live in Canada where the winter's are pretty cold and my setup is in the garage. Is it better to bring in the bag after each use or is it ok to leave it outside?

Thanks
    Randy
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I'm not sure if the cold has any affect on the leather itself, but I know the cold can affect the air pressure in your bag if left outside for a time.

I would take it inside with me when done. I'm pretty sure the cold would not have any affect on the bag or the air pressure if you're using it in the cold for an hour or so.

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I know the cold affects my mood! Not sure what it does to a bag.
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by r.macfarland View Post
        I was just wondering if it hurts the bag in any way leaving it in a cold environment. I live in Canada where the winter's are pretty cold and my setup is in the garage. Is it better to bring in the bag after each use or is it ok to leave it outside?

Thanks
        Randy
        Randy, I suggest bringing it in if you love it. Be good to your bag and it'll be good to you. Is the air statickey and dry or damp there? Dry air may dry out the leather and damp may make it freeze and thaw if it gets warm enough to thaw. Leather must still have moisture in it or it would turn to dust, extreme cold would make this moisture freeze. Keep it warm for a day and see if it feels softer warm than cold. I recall a trip to Japan when it was cold and dry. At night under the covers there were static sparks every time you moved and your skin would be itchy.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...