• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tkd over fifty
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2010

Everlast Te:M

I'm new to speedbag, and an instant addict. I'm an experienced black belt martial artist in my fifties with a recent serious leg injury from training that has me sidelined for a few weeks from my usual aggressive running/tkd training routine. So in an attempt to work up a good sweat, got an Everlast board, an Everlast bag, and the Speedbag Bible. As I said, instant addiction. The Bible has a lot of good information about bag size and speed for beginners. The bag I got is an Everlast Te:M Elite. Everlast provides no dimensions either with the bag or on their website. I've measured the bag, and it seems to be around 6x9. I'm able to control it and have learned the basics per the Bible. Here's the question - as a speedbag beginner, should I get a larger bag, as A. Kahn suggests, or since I'm having no problem with the one I got, should I just stick with it for now? Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

NO LARGER BAG. I think if you tried the everlast 6x4 pro you would be amazed. i cant speak for all baggers....but i hit much better on a small bag than a large one anyday
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I've worked out with the Te:M and bigger bags made pretty much the same. With your background in martial arts you'll be mastering this bag in no time and will probably want to move to a smaller one soon. Take a look at videos on you tube to see what people are able to do. A bigger bag means harder punching which may put more stain on your leg. Nothing wrong with bigger bags if you want a good cardio workout but for speed and finesse you'll want to progress to smaller.

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

You gotta luv a BIG bag!

JOIN:
        'BIG BAG Lovers',
        community social group.

There's an active discussion being held right now.
        We want to know your opinion of what a BIG BAG is, and how they should be treated
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Your Right Roc, It's what makes the world go round, personal preference! Haha!
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I like the small- to mid-size bags now, but,
            I still find myself going back to Big Red... my Everlast
            BIG BAG

It takes a lot to keep 'em going for a long time, but I feel that I get a really good workout from a bigger bag.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Feb 2010

Welcome to the Forum!

It's a good question you've posed and you've already had a great range of answers!
              You've chosen a good sized bag to start with and I'm sure, if you stay hooked with the speedbag you'll end up owning a larger and a smaller size bag one day, because it's nice just to have a change.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Each bag has its own character...
                The bigger bag is definitely more of a workout...
                Try a fist roll for one minute at a certain speed on a 6x4....
                Then try it at the same speed for a minute on a 10x7...
                There is a big difference..
                But I think we agree, we have more fun on the 6x9, 5x8, and the 4x6...
                And those Atomic Bags sure are killer too!
                Now that I think of it... mine got stolen and I am ordering some right now!
                BAG ON!

Comment

• tkd over fifty
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Nov 2010

Hey - thanks to everyone for your advice. I'm going to stick with my 9x6 and the next step is up - to a 10x7 for more sweat. Not headed down any time soon until I get more skill on my 9x6. Gotta have a plan...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...