• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Swivel change

Ok...I think its best i send these housings out for a coating finish. I can get them black oxide coated for about $4 a swiv. This is more about customer satisfaction and hobby than money to me. These are all make-it-up as i go along and modify what is needed in the future. I dont want someone to have to worry about constantly oiling the whole housing periodically to prevent rust. black oxide wont 100% prevent rust....but it should if using indoors. considering people use these indoors will help. so black oxide is a must. Any modifications i make will not increase price since this is just the prototype stage. I want these things to be done right before anybody bolts and bags. I apologize for the short delay. they have a quick turn around on getting these coated. Would you all rather have them black shiny steel or chrome plated? Black oxide will not flake off. But during break in period it may rub off some (sorta like a black oxide coated drill) but thats only where the ball rubs the inside and where the eyebolt strikes the housing. I think they would look kinda sweet since there are none out there like it. Thanks for your patients!
    Bag on!
    Last edited by jumpcannon; 11-22-2010, 01:23 PM.
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • StevieMac
    • Oct 2010

Black oxide coated sounds preferable to me since there should be no flaking issue. An oil hole is a brilliant idea! Yes please!

I’m in no hurry so take your time.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

I just got off the phone with the black oxide company. they say 24hr turn around. also they said they dont 100% prevent rust. but definatley help with the rusting. since these will be used indoors i HOPE this will work. only one way to find out!
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
        ...How about a small oiler hole in the side of the housing? Then you just gotta squirt some 3in1 in it and it will run down on the ball and it will oil it from the inside.
        Does the hole need to be angled downward so oil doesn't run back out and drip down the side of the housing when you add it?

...Black oxide will not flake off.
        A vote for black oxide. Flakes we hate.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

scratch the oil hole idea on this run. i would have to get me a vice for my drill press or a small sine plate. but yes....i would make the hole at and angle so the oil would run down and not horizontal and back out.
          Last edited by jumpcannon; 11-22-2010, 01:24 PM.
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• StevieMac
            • Oct 2010

scratch the oil hole idea on this run. i would have to get me a vice for my drill press or a small sine plate. but yes....i would make the hole at and angle so the oil would run down and not horizontal and back out.
            No worries. I don't mind oiling mine the old fashioned way.

Comment

• SpeedKilz
              • Dec 2009

I'm a big fan of black oxide.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...