• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

need a quick poll here

for those of you getting a custom swivel it as ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL to use a NON PERMENANT loctite on the threads (#242). Pipe thread tape will not keep the eye from coming loose. Loctite costs like $6. I have some so if you want i can assemble with loctite and adjust the eye into the ball as needed for you. That way all you gotta do is bolt on and bag away. Also i wanna talk about oil for the ball. 3 in 1 is the best i used so far. wd-40 dries up too quick, and a grease based oil (chainsaw lube, etc.) will slow it down some. So i definately recommend getting some 3in1 cause its really cheap and can also be used to lightly apply to the whole housing periodically to keep it from rusting. One good thing is the oil will not turn dark or black when used. That is from cast steel only. Cast steel is a dirtly steel and when it wears it will leave a black residue. These swivels are clean steel and dont get all nasty. As far as future ball removal....gripping the ball in a vise with some kinda aluminum on the outside is preffered. Now i know not everybody has scrap aluminum with a vice handy. so i will tinker with the one i already assembled and been hitting on to make it so everyone can remove if need be. i will further update you on that!

Bag on
    evilswivel@yahoo.com
  • StevieMac
    • Oct 2010

I've got plenty of locktight, oil and a vice with aluminium jaw covers so I'm good to go JC. No need to do any extra work or assembly for mine.

cheers,
    Steve

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

I would prefer mine to be pre-assembled with Loc-tite, so I can just plug and play. Thanks, JC.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
        I would prefer mine to be pre-assembled with Loc-tite, so I can just plug and play. Thanks, JC.
        Ditto

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

No Loctite necessary for me.

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

No Loctite for me, thanks for the offer though.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

in case you change your minds just let me know. because the bolt will definately back out of the ball when hitting and it happens in no time. and once you put a dab of loctite on it you gotta wait at least a few hours or it will not hold. i learned all this through trial and error. if you got other recommendations just lemme know.
              evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Avadia View Post
                Agreed.

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

got ya biff
                  evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• sparrky37
                    • Jan 2010

Are you going to be able to bring any to St. Louis? Also I wonder how gun oil would do?

Comment

• jumpcannon

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by sparrky37 View Post
                      Are you going to be able to bring any to St. Louis? Also I wonder how gun oil would do?
                      yes i can bring some to st. lo. I just gotta make more now. LOL
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...