• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Fitness product

Found this at Sports Authority, $25. It's a hand held Gyro ball. There are several ways to get the gyro started, the basics are spin it with your thumb or palm of hand. I couldn't get either to work. Maybe with practice. The next way is with the pull string which worked. You can get a pack of spare strings or different motorized starters. Although learning to kick start it would make sure you could always use it. It does pick up speed and resistance to movement as you manipulate the ball. The idea is that it creates constant resistance that you work against. It builds up very high speed, the web site has other models that go even faster and you can get a meter on some models that shows speed etc. Good for all sorts of sports and therapy. They get pricey but look at the options before getting the low end model. Thought I'd better add this. Don't set this thing down when the gyro is spinning. It will probably jump around uncontrollable. I imagine that with strength and dexterity you would get this going dangerously fast and better be able to hold onto it. I hope the faster ones have goood grips on them. I did try setting it down while spinning and as soon as I took my hand completely off it just sat there and spun down.
    Last edited by PIEFURZ; 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM. Reason: add test of setting the gyro down
  • ST1
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2010

Lots of fun, my one had a RPM calculator i could get it to spin over 10 000rpm. there should be some video's on you tube. when the gyro gets spining pass it on to a friend and watch him harm get pulled a meter

Comment

• PIEFURZ
      Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I've got a low end one that I don't think will support the meter. I took it to work and let a co-worker try and he kept it going even if it slowed down which I'd been having a hard time doing. He wants to work on upper body strength so this should be good and hopefully will help with arthritis. i think it will improve speed bagin.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Here's the world champ. I always wondered how those things worked, I never thought to look it up on youtube. Seems like they have a dedicated, hardcore group of people really into it... hey kind of like the speed bag !

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...