Faster Swivel (U-Bolt or Chain-Link Swivel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Faster Swivel (U-Bolt or Chain-Link Swivel)

I currently have a U-Bolt swivel (Everlast). Is the Chain-Link swivel faster for straight punches?
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I'd say they are pretty close, but I have to give the edge to the U-bolt for straight punching. Just watch some of Scissorhands vids; he gets it moving pretty d@mn fast in one plane.

Comment

• jumpcannon
      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

I have both swivels. They are really really close in speed. I think the chain link is a tad bit faster. Only cause it has a little shorter arc. If your only front hitting then either one will be great.
      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• PIEFURZ
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I have used chain links more than any other and have found that they don't wear evenly. If you work out at gyms where others have broken them in it is hard some times get used to the pattern that the swivel wants to take. I have liked the U bolts since trying them and winning one at SB 2010. I've gotten two chain links with Everlast boards, they are easy to come by. If you are a basic front and back puncher I recommend getting a U bolt. That is the Everlast 4444, there is a similar one but it has more play in it. Don't limit yourself in just these two in you decision. Better to spend more on "the one" than eventually buying it after spending money on "not the ones".
        Last edited by PIEFURZ; 10-17-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

maby a little off topic but some oil can makes a big difference. i put some on my chainlink today (long overdue), and the swivel moves a lot more natural, and faster, and will probably wear down slower.

Last edited by juxt; 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• PIEFURZ
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by juxt View Post
            maby a little off topic but some oil can makes a big difference. i put some on my chainlink today (long overdue), and the swivel moves a lot more natural, and faster, and will probably wear down slower.

Nope, right on target. There is usually some type of maintenance required to keep anything working at it's best. A little lube on the swiv, a little conditioner on the bag, a little tightening of the mount and a little practice under the board makes things all better.

Comment

• ssdvc
              • Oct 2010

I just oiled my chainlink (Everlast) and your right, it did get faster and quieter too! Thanks for the tip.
              ________
              HOW TO ROLL A JOINT
              Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Allentown
                • Oct 2010

How about WD40 instead of oil?

Comment

• StevieMac
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Allentown View Post
                  How about WD40 instead of oil?
                  WD40 really isn’t a lubricant it’s a moisture displacer. WD40 stands for Water Displacement formula # 40.

That being said, it will probably make a difference in this application but oil or a bit of grease would be a better choice IMHO.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...