X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce
    • Dec 2009

Broken Ball and Hook Swivel

I recently picked up an Everlast 4x6 bag from Walmart- the black and yellow extra-small pro bag, at the advice of paranday.

I was pleasantly surprised at the speed increase with the new bag, however, my swivel broke after 2 days of use. I don't remember the swivel showing any signs of wear prior to the smaller bag being attached. It appears where the metal meets between the eyebolt and hook, that the friction was too much. Any recommendations on a new swivel? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Respect the bag!
    Last edited by Bruce; 07-03-2010, 07:11 AM.
  • crapshoot
    • Apr 2010

Sorry to hear about the swivel. Do you have a pic? I'm not clear about, "It looked like someone took a soldering iron to both sides where the metal meets."

Comment

• Bruce
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
      Sorry to hear about the swivel. Do you have a pic? I'm not clear about, "It looked like someone took a soldering iron to both sides where the metal meets."
      Eh, the metal just wore out... like someone melted the end of the eye bolt and the hook it attaches to. Guess it's pretty common with the stock swivel that everlast provides. I picked up a Ubolt replacement at Durran's sporting goods, but it kind of bites, because the side techniques don't work well at all. I might just get another plastic ball and hook for $10 unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        . I might just get another plastic ball and hook for $10 unless someone else has a better suggestion.
        Ball hook is recommended if you do (or plan on doing) side punches. If you only hit front and back any u-bolt is probably fine.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...