• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmyspeed
    • Apr 2010

cleto reyes bag

hi
    as i mentioned in previous posts i am new to speed bagging so i hope i dont ask dumb questions.
    i have purchased the cleto reyes xs bag 2 times and found the loop seems to be riveted wrong or in a twisted fashion and ocassionaly throws the bag off balance (not real bad). but, has anyone else experienced this? is this considered a defect? or does it straighten out with time.
    thank you
    ps. this is the cleto reyes bag that is all black leather and the loop is hard as a rock.
    jimmyspeed
  • SpeedBagScissorhands
    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

I often use the xs cleto in my videos
    the loop will soften in time at first it def throws off your punches but in time it gets better- speed bag scissorhands
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/SPEED-BAG-SCISSORHANDS/55401002968?v=app_4949752878&ref=ts http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speed-bag-scissorhands-ko/id404992181...

Comment

• jimmyspeed
      • Apr 2010

that's good to know. thanks for posting the reply.
      btw . I have seen your videos, "very impressive"

do you or anyone out there know the difference with
      the cleto bags with the white loops versus the black loops
      thank you
      jimmyspeed

Comment

• fingers
        Speed Bag Guru
        • May 2008

I have a Cleto Reyes small!! i find it performs much better on my ball-hook swivel compared to my u-bolt!! also i find it works better the faster you go..but saying that Scissorhands really smokes it on a U-bolt, whatever swivel it is a quality bag..enjoy.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
          Spin Master

• Aug 2008

thanks jimmy and fingers! fingers whats going on my man!???

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
            thanks jimmy and fingers! fingers whats going on my man!???
            Its all good my friend!! how you doing?

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
              Spin Master

• Aug 2008

same old fingers im just happy its finally getting warm in new jersey! glad youre doing well brother!

Comment

• jmsilhy
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jul 2010

Strap size and ball hook swivel

Guys sorry to revive this old thread, but I'm wondering, how did you get your Cleto Reyes bag in a ball hook swivel?

Mine is too thick to go into my everlast metal swivel, so I have to come up with something, was thinking of using shoelace like someone else in the forum did...

Any thoughts?

Comment

• fingers
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • May 2008

Hi Jmsihly!! it is possible to get the loop on but it takes a but of time i found it goes on easier one way than the other so try turning it around if all else fails you could file the hook slightly!! it is well worth the effort! a Cleto on a ball-hook is a great combination, hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Feb 2010

Hi there,

I also had a major struggle to get the Cleto Reyes loop to go onto an Everlast ball hook. As fingers said, mine was also easier one way round than the other. I had to squeeze the loop first with pliers to flatten it a bit to force it in. Over time it has softened and a couple of months on it now goes on a lot, lot easier.

Comment

• jmsilhy
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jul 2010

Thank you, will try

Thanks guys, I will try that tomorrow if possible. I didn't realize it was my first post, I read the forum so much that I felt I had participated in other than private messaging!

Best regards from Mexico!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...