• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag In Modern Drummer Magazine!

Howdy!
    I wrote this up a while ago and kind of forgot about it. Being a drummer and all, I was asked to write up a little piece for Modern Drummer online.
    I think I told them I was baggin', sent them a clip and they were into it.
    Anyhow, since it was posted, there are a lot of new baggers here. I figured I'd post it and show everyone yet another avenue the Speed Bag has gotten promoted in. And, I don't know if I ever made it a thread on its own. I may have just sent it to Alan Kahn.
    So click below to give it a read.
    I am off the road now with Foreigner. They are moving on with a new drummer and all is cool. I have some other stuff cookin and right now and trying to get more time at home and concentrating on creating new stuff with my career.
    There are already some irons in the fire and if and when I am back on a tour at least the size and equivalent of a Foreigner tour, I will definitely get the bag tied into my drum kit!
    For now, I have some shows coming up with Lynch Mob. That features guitar god George Lynch (ex Dokken). He is an amazing player with a ton of fire. We have shows May 6,7,8 in Santa Ana (Anaheim, Galaxy theater), Phoenix, and LA (Key Club).....
    Check one out if you're around.
    BAG ON!
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

I saw this Modern Drummer article a while back and promptly updated your Wikipedia page to include a bagging section. Bagifying drummers is way cool man !!!! Drumming, bagging. Hmm. Maybe some mystic new age bagging circles will emerge and elevate the bag to the spiritual realm. Seminars and retreats now forming...
    Last edited by paranday; 04-29-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That's a great article! I don't think you posted before because I don't remember reading it.

Good luck with the new band. If they come through Florida I will check it out.

Comment

• royalewifcheese
        • Jul 2008

good stuff spin!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          That's a great article! I don't think you posted before because I don't remember reading it.

Good luck with the new band. If they come through Florida I will check it out.
          I remember reading the article in a previous post. [Back after a forum search].....HERE it is.

Great article, BTW.
          Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Howdy!
          I wrote this up a while ago and kind of forgot about it. Being a drummer and all, I was asked to write up a little piece for Modern Drummer online.
          I think I told them I was baggin', sent them a clip and they were into it.
          Anyhow, since it was posted, there are a lot of new baggers here. I figured I'd post it and show everyone yet another avenue the Speed Bag has gotten promoted in. And, I don't know if I ever made it a thread on its own. I may have just sent it to Alan Kahn.
          So click below to give it a read.
          I am off the road now with Foreigner. They are moving on with a new drummer and all is cool. I have some other stuff cookin and right now and trying to get more time at home and concentrating on creating new stuff with my career.
          There are already some irons in the fire and if and when I am back on a tour at least the size and equivalent of a Foreigner tour, I will definitely get the bag tied into my drum kit!
          For now, I have some shows coming up with Lynch Mob. That features guitar god George Lynch (ex Dokken). He is an amazing player with a ton of fire. We have shows May 6,7,8 in Santa Ana (Anaheim, Galaxy theater), Phoenix, and LA (Key Club).....
          Check one out if you're around.
          BAG ON!
          http://www.moderndrummer.com/updatef.../Brian%20Tichy
          BT, does this change your plans for attending SB 2010?
          Last edited by Biff; 04-29-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

TIM.... you can remove this reply. I put 2 in 1 below......

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            I saw this Modern Drummer article a while back and promptly updated your Wikipedia page to include a bagging section. Bagifying drummers is way cool man !!!! Drumming, bagging. Hmm. Maybe some mystic new age bagging circles will emerge and elevate the bag to the spiritual realm. Seminars and retreats now forming...
            Awesome! Thanks for the Wiki update! I did just see that update yesterday and didn't know how it got there....cool!
            Last edited by spinsmashpop; 04-29-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Awesome! Thanks for the Wiki update! I did just see that update yesterday and didn't know how it got there....cool!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
              I remember reading the article in a previous post. [Back after a forum search].....HERE it is.

Great article, BTW.
              BT, does this change your plans for attending SB 2010?
              Thanks Bif. I thought coming home would insure me now getting to the convention. But just last Friday, I got a call about joining a pretty big band. The drums on the record would be done mid June and some touring next year. It is all new but if I chose this, I would need to lock down the recording dates as I was planning on bringing my kids with me. They get out of school the week before and my mom will have a house on the beach in NJ at the same time. They'd be hanging there.... so I will figure all this out shortly....
              BAG ON!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

That was a good article BT. Good luck with the new band.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Brian, Good to hear that things are progressing for you! "The article" and a couple of vids of you, are what got me "Baggified!" I was always into rhythm and physical fitness but had "never" seen anything done on the bag like you were doing (especially punchdrumming), and then seeing Alan, Skunk, Dee and all the other cats on the forum just totally blew me away! It's one of the coolest hobbies (activities) I've done. Not to mention all the great baggers I've got to meet and get advice from etc. etc.
                  Anyway, A "Huge" thanks to you, Alan, and everyone elso here on the forum.
                  "BAG ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                  T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• atgatt
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Yeah Spin, great write up. Really enjoyed reading it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...