• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the_contender13
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2010

Century speed bag or Everlast?

hey...im thinking of buying Century or Everlast speedbag platform.

i've come down to these two:

and

and also, the Everlast one it says its adjustable, but is it reallyÉ i dont see how it is

if anyone can help me descide which one is better, please let me know from previous experiences and what not, thanks!
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

That century model is $99. You can get this Everlast model at Walmart.com for $96: http://www.everlast.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EVASB

That particular model is much better than either of those two.

Comment

• crapshoot
      • Apr 2010

I can't speak to the Century model, but I just got the Everlast 6-piece set.

The wraps are the standard Everlast 108" wraps (haven't used them yet). I haven't used the rope yet, but I have another. Mine came with the carabiner on the swivel and the bag is an OK beginners vinyl; and it is very red.

As to the board adjustability, if you look at the picture, you'll notice a bolt on the right hand bracket. There are four of those that you loosen and re-tighten to adjust the height. That may prove to be a pain, but I don't foresee a lot of that since I am the only one that will be using it.

The only reason I went with the 6-piece is that it was essentially free. If I were to pay for it, I probably would go with Tim's suggestion.

P.S. I am getting a couple of rounds and new hardware to beef it up (it's only 3/4" thick). And another thing, the mitts that came with mine are L/XL. They are huge!

Comment

• the_contender13
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2010

thanks for the reply. i would go with Tim`s suggestion but im planing on getting one of them in stores. they sell century for $120 and the everlast 6piece for $100.

and i guess i`ll go with the everlast one since it is cheaper and now i know for sure it is adjustable too. i did read reviews about how century one, the adjustable thing can get loose easily.

how is the everlast one working for u...is it stable and not all shakey when you work on itÉ

Comment

• crapshoot
          • Apr 2010

I haven't modified it yet. Should be getting the stuff tonight. I might have to paint it too, just 'cause.

Keep in mind that the stock board needs to be beefed up. That might add about $50 to the price tag unless you go with the sandbag option.

Me, I'm a glutton for punishment. If you can get the model Tim suggested you might be ahead. The bag that comes with the 6-piece is velvety smooth and yielding (man, I need a date!, but i digress), but going the way of the stepped up model and another bag, might be a better deal in the long run.

I don't know what shops are around you, but check out the price of the set and mods vs. the elite version and a bag. The extras aren't all that great. Like I said, I went that route because it was free and i tinker.

Comment

• RenoRattler
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by the_contender13 View Post
            thanks for the reply. i would go with Tim`s suggestion but im planing on getting one of them in stores. they sell century for $120 and the everlast 6piece for $100.

and i guess i`ll go with the everlast one since it is cheaper and now i know for sure it is adjustable too. i did read reviews about how century one, the adjustable thing can get loose easily.

how is the everlast one working for u...is it stable and not all shakey when you work on itÉ
            I started with the everlast 6 piece. The Century is more solid. A lot more. The framing is really beefy. The one in the link from Tim is better than either.

But the century swivels and bags tend to suck. I have the Century platform, with Everlast components, and some upgrades.

Comment

• biguglybear
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              You can get this Everlast model at Walmart.com for $96: http://www.everlast.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EVASB

That particular model is much better than either of those two.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Everlast-A...tform/10284793
              I would definitely go with Tim's suggestion, Bra. Trust me, it's a much better deal than either of those other two you're looking at. I wish I had saw that Walmart was selling that platform for $96 before I plopped down $150 at Title Boxing! And last time I checked, Everlast.com was selling it for $140.

Comment

• the_contender13
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2010

do they sell the everlast platform at wal mart store or do i have to order it? keep in mind im in canada so shipping is gonna be quite a bit too

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by the_contender13 View Post
                  do they sell the everlast platform at wal mart store or do i have to order it? keep in mind im in canada so shipping is gonna be quite a bit too
                  I've never seen it in any walmart store, I think you have to buy via the web. Sometimes Sports Authority has that model in store for $99. Do you have Sports Authority in canada?

Comment

• the_contender13
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Apr 2010

naw we dont have a sports authority in canada...well least i dont think so lol

Comment

• SpeedKilz
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
                      I would definitely go with Tim's suggestion, Bra. Trust me, it's a much better deal than either of those other two you're looking at. I wish I had saw that Walmart was selling that platform for $96 before I plopped down $150 at Title Boxing! And last time I checked, Everlast.com was selling it for $140.
                      Lol...I work at Title Boxing and still wish I knew that platform was $96 on the Walmart site. On top of that...a week after I got mine we had a 50% off all Everlast products. I guess when it rains it pours!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...