X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crapshoot
    • Apr 2010

Door or doorway mounted board/drum

I have seen in the archives (and on the amazon review for arcade alley's kid's boxing set) a discussion about a non-permanent set-up.

I did a quick search on the web and saw: EZ Doorway Heavybag and Hang up System

Then I remembered all the variations of the doorway gym/pull-up bars on the market a la: http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Fitnes...ef=pd_sbs_sg_3

and a DIY version: Doorway Chinup/Dip/Pushup Bar

All of these work on the principles of friction and counterweights. With an extension of the hand gripping portion, one could mount a board underneath it. Adding a support bar (telescoping and/or threaded) from the top of the board/drum to the underside of the top of the doorway it should lock it in place securely. Straight to the drywall would probably place too much stress and go through.

Doorways without trim would be another engineering issue. Unfortunately, mounting on doors is probably not possible because they are inherently unstable, unless you have a very heavy door that closes very tightly with no play. Then all you would need is something to slip over the top of the door, between it and the frame and a support arm to place pressure downward.

I wish I had some graphics skill to show what I mean.

Thoughts?
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...