• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by crapshoot View Post
    ...As to paranday's comment about wastes motion, there are 2 joints in the system so theoretically it should flex in 2 places: between the bag loop and the hook/carabiner/u-bolt and the hook/carabiner/u-bolt and the ball joint/bearing swivel...
    The wasted motion is maybe trivial. I'm wondering if the reason for the eye hook flex I've seen on video is due to the ball not moving as freely as it should, as if it needs lube. People say lithium grease makes a noticeable difference.

That extra joint is a source of wear and metal shards, but if someone proves that that joint is necessary for the ball hook type swivel, so be it.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
      ok guys, the time has come to put in the order. I went in there today to get the ball rolling, but they want money up front. So if you will, please send your payment to my pay pal account(eskougor@yahoo.com). As soon as payments clear, I will hand over the $ to the machinist so we can get these ordered. please add 3% to the total bill for pay pal fees, and $3 each for shipping. Also, please include your forum name as well as real name and address with your payment. That way everyone gets what they ordered.
      $39.14 sent. Along with my real name (also Tim ) and address.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

$40.00 even....(couldn't bother with double checking the down to the penny math, would hate to be low by a few cents....) confirmed pay pal delivery!
        Send your dough! Let's get these swivs going!

Comment

• RenoRattler
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          $40.00 even....(couldn't bother with double checking the down to the penny math, would hate to be low by a few cents....) confirmed pay pal delivery!
          Send your dough! Let's get these swivs going!
          Ditto me!

Comment

• operator3
            • Mar 2010

Yeah, I'm chomping at the bit to get these done. But I have to wait for everyones payments before I can make the order. I've fronted projects for other people before, and I can't do it right now. $ is pretty tight right now. But as soon as I get them paid we are good to go. So I encourage anyone that hasnt paid yet to do so. as soon as we get the ball figured out, we can start on a mold for a new base. And a new type of hook/loop. But first things first.

Comment

• operator3
              • Mar 2010

Alright guys, most of you that posted interest have paid. Some of you haven't. We gotta get everyone paid before I can put the order in. Any questions or issues with payment, feel free to ask.

Comment

• operator3
                • Mar 2010

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update. I'll be putting the order in on Monday. Sorry, I've got like 4 projects going on right now.. I've been trying to dial in some things on the Audi and have been a little busy.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update. I'll be putting the order in on Monday. Sorry, I've got like 4 projects going on right now..
                  Cool, sounds like they'll be ready in time for SPEED B.A.G. 2010.

I've been trying to dial in some things on the Audi
                  Details please

Comment

• operator3
                    • Mar 2010

I've been building a catch can. I'm tired of all the oil and sludge getting rerouted back into my turbo.

I opened my headlights for the last time (hopefully) and covered my LEDs in some scrap limo tint. I'm a bit OCD about projects. I've had these apart 4 times trying to get it right.

this is a before:

this is after I tinted them:

here's what stock TT headlights look like. Although most people probably can't tell the difference between the pictures. Just to give you an idea of the time that's been spent on these. Keep in mind, the bumper needs to be taken off everytime the headlights are removed.

Last edited by operator3; 05-16-2010, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• biguglybear
                      • Mar 2010

Sweet ride, Op!

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
                        Sweet ride, Op!
                        Yeah, looks real nice, all blacked out. Black is by far my favorite color on a car because you can really make it look good. So do those LEDs come on instead of the parking lights or whatever they are called?

I'm not real familiar with a catch can but from the web searching I did it seems useful If I ever win the lottery I'll either turbo or super charge my car. Mine rarely sees north of 4K RPM so a supercharger is probably a better fit for me. I had a 2003 Mustang cobra with a supercharger and loved it.

Comment

• operator3
                          • Mar 2010

Thanks. Yeah, black is my favorite also. A real pain to keep clean and scratch free tho. I've been working on this one for the past 2 years. The LEDs come on instead of my parking lights(1 click before the low beams come on). This is the newest car I've ever owned(2004). It's really difficlut to customize a daily driver.

Today is the day, getting the order in!

Comment

• operator3
                            • Mar 2010

Just put in the order. I changed the order from steel with a reflective coating, to iron with a smooth finish. After hearing about the reflective crap getting in peoples eyes, I figured this was a better idea.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

swiv

Just put in the order. I changed the order from steel with a reflective coating, to iron with a smooth finish. After hearing about the reflective crap getting in peoples eyes, I figured this was a better idea.
                              Hey brother, I wonder what differences (if any) the iron will have in terms hardness, surface smoothness, resistance against the different housings, and wear? Probably not much. I'm somewhat clueless about some of the technical stuff.
                              I saw the vid you and Sparky did, nice job on the bag. Awesome display of balance while standing on the ball! I like your dog too, does he have some American Bulldog in him?
                              Thanks for putting in your time and effort into the swivels. Should be cool!
                              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• operator3
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                                Hey brother, I wonder what differences (if any) the iron will have in terms hardness, surface smoothness, resistance against the different housings, and wear? Probably not much. I'm somewhat clueless about some of the technical stuff.
                                I saw the vid you and Sparky did, nice job on the bag. Awesome display of balance while standing on the ball! I like your dog too, does he have some American Bulldog in him?
                                Thanks for putting in your time and effort into the swivels. Should be cool!
                                thanks TJ, I don't think the density of these iron balls is gonna make a difference. As for the video, I'm super rusty on the bag. I'm kinda OCD as far as the speed bag goes. So I havent really gotten back into it yet. I want to get it dialed in right before I can relax and hit it. As far as my dog Samson, check out my breeders website. He has a bunch of breed info. His familys roots go back to the origin of the breed. Pretty interesting stuff...
                                Check this out ... http://dogoargentino.com/

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...