X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • operator3
    • Mar 2010

Metal ball and hook (eBay)

Well, I saw two everlast metal ball and hook swivels on eBay (new), being sold by the same seller. I didn't bid untill the last 2 minutes, so as not to bump up the bids. Turns out someone (the same guy) out bid me on both..! I even went all the way up to $26 on one of them because I really need a swivel! It pisses me off since the same guy took both of them. And I'm pretty sure he used what's called a "bid sniper" to throw in his bids at the last possible second, to out bid me. Which makes the entire process that much more tainted by greed. I'm planning on buying a plastic and swaping out the ball with a metal one. But now, I have to wait for another one to come up on eBay and go through the dreaded process again...
  • gvee127
    • Feb 2010

That sucks dude! If you need Everlast plastic swivels, I got a bunch all new. Let me know if interested.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

If it's any consolation, there have been a number of swivels on eBay lately that the seller used a stock pic of a metal one and what was actually being offered was a plastic one. In that case there was no menition in the description of what the swivel was made of, so buyer beware!

Comment

• gvee127
        • Feb 2010

Hey Operator3, another one popped up, http://cgi.ebay.com/Everlast-Speed-B...item35a7a0cd32.
        As Dutchman alluded to, make sure the guy's selling the metal one.

Comment

• operator3
          • Mar 2010

Thanks everyone. I ended up buying just the Watkins ball and hook from fitness-equipment.com So now I just need the plastic everlast base. As for the eBay ad, the ones I was looking at specifically said "all metal, no plastic". So I guess that covers that. But yeah, these things are getting much harder to find. At least I know what I need now. Can't wait to start throwing Nast bows again
          Last edited by operator3; 03-05-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...