X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fe0lix
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2010

How To Everlast Adjustable Speed Bag Platform vs BBE Club Adjustable Speedball Frame

Last edited by fe0lix; 06-15-2018, 08:07 AM. Reason: Please delete my profile and content and posts - many thanks.
  • royalewifcheese
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by fe0lix View Post
    Hi,

I would like to set up an adjustable speed bag on an internal brick wall. I have been reading the forum and have seemed to narrow down the choice of adjustable frame. The frame needs to be solid and good value and as quiet as possible. From the forums the Everlast Platform with a sand bag on top seems to be the best choice at the moment. However have you any thoughts on the BBE Frame would be better and more stable?

Everlast Platform:

BBE Frame:

To start off with I am also considering the following bag:

BBE Club Lightweight Leather Speedball

I'd appreciate any help on the set up to make it slick and quiet as possible.

Thanks!
    fe0lix,

the BBE frame with the single arm will not be sturdy enough. i would go with the everlast. many members give the everlast platform the thumbs up. the bag looks ok, you'll end up with more bags than you know what to do with.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Go Everlast, it's a great platform. Those single vertical wall units aren't as stable as two vertical supports.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fe0lix
        Great, thanks for the tips. Any ideas what size the popular peanut yellow and bag bag is?
        I agree with Royalwifcheese and Tim. The Everlast unit has two vertical wall attachments, which have always held better than single vertical pole units

Bag sizes are not exactly reliable or interchangeable between companies. I have several bags that are sized by "their" companies or manufacturers much differently (ie....one says 8x5, the other 6x4) and they are almost the exact same size. "Peanut" bags is a term that most likely refers to the smallest bag that particular company makes. I don't recommend beginners try to start out on peanut bags only because they are much more difficult for new users to gain control over. It is usually more fun and from a learning standpoint, more productive, to start with a larger bag, say an 9x6 (used to be termed a "small bag") or a 10x7. 11x8 is a great learning size but comes a bit past the end of the normal 24inch circumference board. not a big deal but be aware of it.
        I'm not sure this helped you, but my main point was: unless you're an experienced bagger with good control already, you probably don't really need a peanut bag yet. However, if you can get any size bag at a "steal price" online, you might go for it.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

As Tim mentioned, the Everlast with the "Double" support frames will be "Superior" compared to the other platform you were considering. I've got the Everlast platform and I like it. With some added weight, it's a solid unit for the money. Just be sure not to skimp on some quality "anchors", especially the two top ones. I used ones that came with a type of "epoxy" that you mixed and squirted into the holes before you put in the anchors. It worked out great! Keep up posted on what developes. Good luck!
          T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Griffin
            • Jan 2010

And I would suggest that you use long-ish anchors -- at least 3-4 inches.

Good luck! My platform is mounted on a block wall, and it's the best case scenario, in my opinion -- solid as can be...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...