X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Bag "Shaving"

What's happnin' Fellas? Anyone get a chance to check out Skunks Video on "shaving the seams" on his speedbags? Has anyone ever done it? Looks like a great idea, would really minimize that awkward break in period. But just one "slip" would be fatal to you bag.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:
  • sparrky37
    • Jan 2010

Ya I did it on my Red&Blue 8x5. worked good. My bag already had a little break,but still helped.

Comment

• Griffin
      • Jan 2010

Hey Sparrky,

I just got my red and blue Everlast -- it seems as though the seams are WAY unevenly sewn. I like it so far, but it sure looks lopsided, and I'm definitely going to shave the seams down. Just wondering if anyone's noticed this...
      Last edited by Griffin; 02-10-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• sparrky37
        • Jan 2010

I heard there were a bad batch of those goin around. Mine is pretty even. I got mine off ebay from MMA one stop shop.Sorry to hear. One of my favorite bags was uneven just keep hitting it and see how it does.

Comment

• Griffin
          • Jan 2010

It's getting better, and shaving (I actually just CUT) the excess leather on the seams has helped. Still looks way lopsided, but I'm not sure that matters as much with a speedbag as it does with, say, a basketball...

I'm new to the smaller bag, but I saw right away that it is moving on the "S" hook more than my bigger 9x6, so I put a small zip tie around the leather loop to restrain it. Works GREAT! I saw Alan suggest a small piece of duct tape, but the zip tie works terrific as well....

I'm going to keep going with it -- the front roll (which I'm still just learning) is MUCH harder on the smaller bag. Whew... gonna post a video of my progress soon. It's been 2 1/2 months for me so far....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...