• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJR001
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2010

What bag to use

I am new to the forum and wanted a bit of advice. I purchased a classic title bag from Title boxing and it was basically out of round when I got it. I want to get a good reliable speedbag and while I do not want to spend a fortune, I dont really mind spending a reasonable amount of money on the bag. Having said that, I would like to know of any recommendations for a reliable bag that bounces true. What is a Gyro balanced bag, and what does it do anyway? Please let me know as I am planning to purchase as soon as possible. Thanks.
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by TJR001 View Post
    I am new to the forum and wanted a bit of advice. I purchased a classic title bag from Title boxing and it was basically out of round when I got it. I want to get a good reliable speedbag and while I do not want to spend a fortune, I dont really mind spending a reasonable amount of money on the bag. Having said that, I would like to know of any recommendations for a reliable bag that bounces true. What is a Gyro balanced bag, and what does it do anyway? Please let me know as I am planning to purchase as soon as possible. Thanks.
    If I could do it all over again I would go ahead and spend the money for just one good bag,instead of buying 20 cheap bags. I think you should go ahead and buy one of the ringside,grant or cleto bags from ringside.com.

Comment

• RenoRattler
      • Sep 2009

I've heard almost all good about Title bags. I guess everybody has some sort of quality control issues somewhere.

I have a few Everlast bags, and they all rebound pretty true. I think most bag manufacturers make decent bags, you just have to find the ones that fit your preference.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

I would go with Everlast or the Fighting Sports bags have had some good reviews too.
        You should send the Title back if it's been delivered out of shape. I have had my Title Classic for over 2 years and it's still in shape after hours and hours of work. I'm sure Tim will confirm they are a good bag although he prefers the yellow 5x8 over the Classic. Maybe you should request for the yellow bag. What you reckon Tim?
        Welcome aboard.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Just out of curiosity, are you also new to speed bagging? The reason I ask is that when people first hit the bag, I think it surprises them that it's not easier. Don't give up on it too soon, give it 2 weeks. It's harder than it looks. Anytime you get a new bag, different bag, etc. it takes time to adjust to it.

Better yet post a video and we can tell you if it's normal or if there are any apparent technique problems.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• TJR001
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jan 2010

Not new to speed baggin

No I am not new to speed bagging. I have been doing it for a couple of years, but not with a bag of my own. when i bought my platform for my home use, i went ahead and bought the title.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

No I am not new to speed bagging. I have been doing it for a couple of years, but not with a bag of my own. when i bought my platform for my home use, i went ahead and bought the title.
              Can you post a couple of images of the bag?

Comment

• atgatt
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

I have three Title bags, two are true and the other is not. As you know, no bag will be "extremely" true so then it depends how out of true it is. Then you have to go by the % it is out. A large bag being a 1/4" out vs a small bag being out the same amount will sure make the small bag worse.

Are the more expensive bags truer, who knows. Can you measure how out of true it is?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...