• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobileaudio25
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Another bag disappointment....

i just got my new ringside speed bag in the mail. anxious to try it i pumped it up and notice a little shape distortion by the eye. i went to hit it and it felt a little off and jumpy. ever had this happen on a new bag?

i was wondering if anyone could link me to a nice soft leather, lightweight, fast bag. im using the watkins boxing gear swivel (thanks alan for the review, swivel is great)

i also put some Vaseline on my ball/swivel and it sounds a lot nicer.....

thanks for the help,, bag on!
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I like the X small Everlast 4x6's... they have some girth to them and they have real good rebound..... break them in a bit and the leather is nice and smooth....
    BAG ON!

Comment

• mobileaudio25
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2009

is it the everlast pro speed bag? i often here here good things about these bags but i havnt been able to find them. could you link me to one. thanks a lot!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by mobileaudio25 View Post
        is it the everlast pro speed bag? i often here here good things about these bags but i havnt been able to find them. could you link me to one. thanks a lot!
        Go to www.everlast.com.

Discover top-quality apparel, footwear, and equipment for online fitness enthusiasts at Everlast. Elevate your workouts with our premium selection today!

I think they just jacked the price up to 50.00.
        I'd get a medium and an Xsmall.
        BAG ON!

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Best deal right now is at Walmart for the Everlast 6x4. They have been discontinued. Better get one soon if you are to find one remaining in stock.

See atgatt's post below for the link.
          Last edited by paranday; 01-18-2010, 07:43 AM. Reason: link broken

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Paranday, your site did not open for me so I posted the site I found it on.

Like you said, what a deal for such a nice bag.

Comment

• mobileaudio25
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Nov 2009

i snagged the one of walmart. 23 bucks shipped to your local store, cant beat that deal! ill let you guys know what i think of it. thanks! bag on

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by mobileaudio25 View Post
                i just got my new ringside speed bag in the mail. anxious to try it i pumped it up and notice a little shape distortion by the eye. i went to hit it and it felt a little off and jumpy. ever had this happen on a new bag?
                Yes. You must adjust your style to the bag usually. Each type/size of bag hits a little differently. The important thing is DON'T GIVE UP TOO SOON. Give it 2 weeks of daily hitting, you will find a remarkable improvement with time and practice.

Comment

• dax_q
                  • Jan 2008

I have been disappointed with all but two bags that I have purchased: the Title Classic 5x8(A light weight soft bag) and the everlast XS(Heavier and tougher on the hands in my opinion). Every other bag I have is lopsided and doesn't hit straight. I think it is luck of the draw when you buy a bag. Too bad there isn't a store where you can try before you buy. No complaints though, I hit that title classic about 99% of the time and love it.
                  -Dax

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...