• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the distributor
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2010

Having trouble Installing My Swivel

Hey guys, I have a pretty dumb question but I am completely new to setting up and hitting the speedbag. I recently purchased the Everlast adjustable speed bag set and a 10x7 bag from Title. My main problem with the setup is I don't know how to put the speed bag on my swivel and don't want to tinker with it too much and screw up or break the swivel. The swivel that I am working with is just like the Pro-heavy duty swivel: http://www.everlast.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EVPS4....any advice or help on how to put the speed bag on the swivel? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks!
    Last edited by the distributor; 01-02-2010, 02:41 PM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

It's this model ?

That clip on the left needs to come out, then that cross pin will come out easily. You'll need to put the clip back in after putting the bag on.

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

• the distributor
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2010

Tim, my swivel did have one of those pins and i removed it, but the cross pin is still in place and doesnt seam to want to come out easily. I've been hesitant to force it out, but i'm thinking that my only option. Any further advice? Thanks for your welcome!

Comment

• SpeedKilz
        • Dec 2009

I had that same swivel. I ended up banging the pin out with a screw driver and hammer and tried throwing some WD-40 on there but it never got easier to remove the pin so I ended up getting a whole new swivel and kept that one as a backup.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by the distributor View Post
          Tim, my swivel did have one of those pins and i removed it, but the cross pin is still in place and doesnt seam to want to come out easily. I've been hesitant to force it out, but i'm thinking that my only option. Any further advice? Thanks for your welcome!
          Pound it out... if you use a mallet or something non-metal it shouldn't cause any lasting damage. Good luck!

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

It probably fit when it was first assembled, before it was disassembled and chrome plated. The plating process reduces the size of the hole just enough to make it necessary to use force to take it in and out. It can be corrected by reaming out the hole with a drill the size of the pin.

Comment

• the distributor
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2010

Finally got the pin outta there!...........thanks for the help guys. I have everything set up and I'm going to mount it on the wall tommorrow.....not gonna lie I am pretty excited to start hitting the bag

Comment

• Roc Stone
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2007

Go For It
                sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by the distributor View Post
                  Finally got the pin outta there!...........thanks for the help guys. I have everything set up and I'm going to mount it on the wall tommorrow.....not gonna lie I am pretty excited to start hitting the bag
                  Glad to hear you figured it out.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...