• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackCatXIII
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2009

Boxers on the speed bag

i watched a few well known boxers on youtube hit the speedbag and they hit the same way. which is to say they are in a left hand lead stance with right hand back (right handers stand this way, is there a proper name for this?) they cross their left hand over to the right side of head and hit the bag that way. Vice versa with southpaw (right lead-left back) stance. does it do anything to help them? old boxing speed bag punch style? just curious about it.
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Conventional, in answere to your 1st question.

I think you're talkng about L&R basic rhythm punching, one punch L and one punch R from the same, or either side of the Baggers head.

Any respectable Bagger/Boxer should be able to speedbag in this manner from either side of their head, as well as alternate from side to side with ease. A great way of toning and conditioning the under side of your upper arm, giving you a stronger and more powerful L jab for the conventional or R jab for the southpaw.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
      Spin Master

• Aug 2008

good question and funny you should ask- the speed bag is intended to train a boxer to keep his hands up at all times because if he drops them than BOOM! check out this video of top 140 pounder lamont peters- he fought last week and lost in a championship match but still a great boxer... here he is discussing how he never knew how to hit a speed bag till recently.... i found it interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMlpQv3I1Ro

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...