• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobileaudio25
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Need a good bag?

Ive been boxing for 2 months now at the gym and i want to get my own bag.

for some reason im terrible at hitting the larger heavier balls, but am very fluent with the smaller lighter balls.

what makes a quality speed bag?

i want a ball that moves easily and fast? also a good screw on hook.(one that can be removed and reassembled by just turning it)

any suggestions?
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hi mobileaudio25. Welcome. That is an interesting online name you have there.
    Anyhow, I fing it a bit strange that you say you can hit the smaller balls fluently yet the bigger ones give you a problem. It would be great if you could post a video. We cold all probably learn a thing or two if you are better with the small balls than the big ones. Maybe you are the fastest speed bagger ever! That would be cool to see.
    All the speed bag companies make good bags. It wouldn't be right to simply tell you what I think the best is. You should look around this forum and read what people have posted. It is all here.
    And you should get yourself an Everlast plastic ball hook swivel. Than you can have fun hitting from all the angles of the bag evenly.
    BAG ON!

Comment

• Jordan
      • Jun 2009

welcome mobile...I once had a similar problem.....you may find better luck if you start using a medium bag and slowly build your way up that way its not such a huge change in how you approach the bag, and eventually you'll master them all in no time good luck to ya bud

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
        welcome mobile...I once had a similar problem.....you may find better luck if you start using a medium bag and slowly build your way up that way its not such a huge change in how you approach the bag, and eventually you'll master them all in no time good luck to ya bud

x 2. Many people can do fine with a medium bag as a start.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...