• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve_b21
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Speedball for a newbie?

I am based in the UK, and looking to purchase a speedball.

Can some one point me in the right direction of what kind of ball i need to be getting? and where from?

Thank you.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum. I guess that the answer to your first question depends on what you want to accomplish. If you are just starting out, and it appears as if you are, maybe a 10 x 7 or a 9 x 6 would be a good size to begin with. After you become better, you may want to drop down to a 8 x 5.

There are quite a few folks from the UK who could help you with your second question. I know many purchase from Sugar Ray's.

Look at this thread for some advice.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Hi Steve and welcome! Just like Biff said, no matter what brand you get, start off with a larger size until your skills develop and then go with a smaller size. Good Luck!
      sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by steve_b21 View Post
        I am based in the UK, and looking to purchase a speedball.

Can some one point me in the right direction of what kind of ball i need to be getting? and where from?

Thank you.
        Hello Steve,

When I seen the Thread Title Speedball I knew you were from the UK.

Welcome to the forums mate, you've come to the right place to ask your questions and post your vids.

I take it you've had a look at Sugar Rays website? And you read the link Biff gave you? Did you find what your looking for?

Let us know.

Vini

Comment

• Lefthook_mike
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2009

I started off with a 5x8... But it took awhile longer then expected to get the rhythm down... But IMO... Once you work wih a smaller bag you can work any

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...