• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudy138
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2009

I need help

I'm relatively new to speed bags and baught my first one a pro mex 6x9 it feels really heavy and slow i've hit the title yellow 5x8 i thought that was better i'm looking into getting a different one i'm thinking either the title yellow 5x8, tuf-wear 5x8 or 6x9 or the everlast 4200 so i'm just wondering if anybody had any experiece with those bags or any better suggestions just trying to get the best bag for around 40 bucks
    Last edited by Rudy138; 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM.
  • MikeTarheel
    • Sep 2009

I would like to help you, Rudy, but I think the best way for me to do so would be to leave the advise to the experts - who will likely be advising Very Soon.

I have the Everlast 4200 (had it for years) and I swear by it. I recently purchases the Turbo Title (in the same shipment I was acquiring other items from them so $9.99 for it was a... somewhat of a lark... but I am pleased with it).

Wish you Best of Luck, Best to Listen to the Experts here.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
      • Sep 2009

Hey! It just Dawned on me that the word 'expert' is Quite Probably derived from the term 'experience'. I'd never linked that 'combo' before...

Comment

• MikeTarheel
        • Sep 2009

Would like to see phots of your home-grown board, Mello?

And any advise on double-end bags?

Don't make me come down there with Crustaceans!!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
          • Sep 2009

There we Are! Nice. I like how it appears LEVEL - and that's Not Easy.

Thanks,
          Mike
          Last edited by MikeTarheel; 10-21-2009, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MelloYello
            I like smaller dbl end bags (5", 6", 7")

I've used a 7" Tuf-Wear for as long as I can remember only because the thing is virtually indestructible.

I gave one to a buddy of mine who runs a gym with a high volume of traffic and his shows no sign of slowing down either.

I prefer using rubber cables as opposed to bungee cords since they facilitate a tighter set up and therefore a shorter and faster rebound.

The Title bags are good too, if/when this Tuf Wear breaks, I'll probably try an Everlast.
            I have the 9 inch Everlast (recently put on my boxing dummy for a head) and used it a lot for a DEB. It is heavier than the 7" Tuf Wear and thus travels more when hit. To me, not the same quality as the Tuffy or as comfortable to hit. I'll stick with Tuf Wear for DEBs. I use loose bungee cords to get more travel as opposed to a taut setup.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I dig the Everlast 5x8 and 6x9. I say stay bigger (7x10 / 6x9) in the beginning so you can build up endurance and strength. If you get used to the smaller bags, than you will always fear one that may be a little bigger or more dense.
              This is probably why I have more tan 20; I got all into speed baggin' and wanted to see what felt like what....
              BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...