oh noo!!!!!!REPLACEMENT BLADDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagScissorhands
    Spin Master

• Aug 2008

oh noo!!!!!!REPLACEMENT BLADDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had a tragic day last week- 2 of my favorite speed bags deflated - popped- boom- on the same day! i ordered 2 new ones and today i ordered 2 REPLACEMENT BLADDERS- in all my days as a speed bagger i never had to replace a bladder. anyone have any tips on how to do it? do i just yank it out or push the air hole through the bottom of the bag easily? thanks guys!
  • deano
    Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

bladder

hey Scissor, its a wonder you havn't done a bladder before now the way you belt the ball. Whenever i've changed one i always dust the new bladder in talc or baby powder, stops it chaffing even dust the inside of the ball, make sure tongue is in position over bladder in neck of ball and lace is done up before you pump it up otherwise bladder will take the easy option and come out top of ball. give it a go and keep punching.

deano

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Hey SBSH!! here we go....remove the lace then turn bag inside out and carefully pull old bladder out it may be glued at the valve! clean old glue off and put a small smear of glue around the valve hole on the bag, mate up the bladder with hole so the valve and hole are in the correct position, best wait for glue to dry! then pull the bag back around the bladder and put a pew pumps of air in to the bladder this will help you see if it is in position, and hold it there, then replace the lace and pump up fully!! then get baggin hope this helps, fingers.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
        Spin Master

• Aug 2008

thanks deano and fingers great advice- ill give it a go as soon as the bladders arrive. in the past i'd always just use a new bag if something happened.( skunk and everlast both gave me a bag)this time i figured why spend 30$ a bag when i can buy a bladder for 5$- greatly appreciated!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
          • Sep 2009

You must have Great Luck. I have replaced several bags over the years, especially on the Double End Bag and one of the recent Mex DEB's I just purchased - Title replaced that one at no charge since it was brand new.

I've never had a problem replacing on the Speed Bag, but the DEB bags are bit tougher for me to execute the replacement bag. One thing for sure (which is probably obvious) you cannot inflate them too, too much if you want to lace them back up swell with the tongue down in there correctly.

Good suggestions on the glue and the talc. Learn something new everyday around here.

Comment

• Roc Stone
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2007

Way to go.

Good stuff
            sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...