X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkaboy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2006

Hello, how is the unistrut working out is it stable frontways and sideways? I'll be installing mine this weekend. Just a note when ups delivered my unit the boxes were in terrible shape all four corners smashed and torn, the drum box looked round! This most likely happened at the warehouse because I only live 60 miles away. I was expecting the worse but everything was ok when I opened the boxes. Maybe ringside was having a scratch and dent sale and didn't tell us about the scratch and dent part? This is a very dangerous buissness practice in the day of the internet and forums such as this. Still one heck of a deal regardless but they should have mentioned it in the ad. I want to thank everyone who posted pictures they sure are a great help. If I can figure out how to do it I'll post some when I finish putting it up.

Comment

• Popeye
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2006

The unistrut worked out fantastic and everything is very sturdy, no vibration or what you might call "hollow" sound. I will gather my material list and post soon if that might help you decide how to mount yours.

Comment

• Popeye
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2006

Just wanted to post a parts list if interested.
        2- unistrut L=18 W=1 5/8 D= 3/4(your length may vary depending on how much adjustment you need).
        6- 3"x3/8 lag bolts
        4- spring nuts for 1/2" bolts (to fit inside unistrut)
        4- 1"x1/2 bolts w/lock washers and flat washers
        mounting bracket need to be drilled out to accomodate 1/2" bolts
        3- 3 1/2 x 5/16 bolts (3 1/4 would be perfect length) for swivel
        1- 7 x 5/16 bolt and nuts
        If you have a tap the bracket could be tapped for a clean look and some locktite. I was a little off thats why I had to use a 7" bolt to clear "V" in bracket. As far as being adjustable, thats why I went with unistrut it works fine, not as easy as one already built to be adjustable, but I don't expect to adjust often and I like the option to be able to do it. The whole unit is very solid and stable, can't think of anything I would change.
        This jpg is kind of a simplified drawing to help me get the height close according to my height. I think some of my other pictures show most of the information, if anybody needs other views let me know.

Comment

• monkaboy
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Oct 2006

Thanks Popeye, you must have engineering in your blood, your pics and diagrams are always appreciated. Scrounged up two 22" x 1 1/2" square pieces of unistrut and all the hardware. Will be installing on a concrete basement wall with 1/4"x 2 1/4" tap con screws(hate to hang anything that heavy on 1/4"screws but that seems to be the standard) Will start today(God willing)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...