X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevdawg0324
    • Oct 2006

Swivels

i have narrowed my swivel choices down to these two and i was curious if anybody here uses or used either of these two swivels and why they like them or dislike them? what are the good and bads? ive tried the one on the left but not the one on the right. i noticed that titleboxing.com and ringside.com both have their versions of these two swivels but the prices are vis-a-versa. what gives? Thanks everyone.
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevdawg0324 View Post

i have narrowed my swivel choices down to these two and i was curious if anybody here uses or used either of these two swivels and why they like them or dislike them? what are the good and bads? ive tried the one on the left but not the one on the right. i noticed that titleboxing.com and ringside.com both have their versions of these two swivels but the prices are vis-a-versa. what gives? Thanks everyone.
    I have both of those swivels for my indoors unit and their function is nearly identical. The one on the right is made of higher quality material, with it being all stainless steel. The one on the left is only chrome plated. In my experience with other tools and parts, the chrome will eventually chip off and the metal underneath will rust. The loop is significantly narrower on the swivel on the right which means that the bag tends to not move around from side to side as much if you don't tape your bags on. The bottom half of the swivel tends to come loose easily, so really it really needs to be tightened down with big pliers, a pipe wrench, or you can use thread locker.

The one of the left is shorter, which is good in my book, but the bearings that are in the unit don't seem to do anything because the pin is too small to actually make use of the bearings. I don't know why, but the bearings appear to be locked anyway, not that it really makes a difference.

I like these swivels because they are significantly quieter than the ball hook swivels that I use outdoors.

These swivels are fast, but as has been said many times before, when you get to more advanced hitting and go from hitting to the side and front and rear, these swivels don't work as well as the ball hook swivels because these types of swivels don't change directions as quickly and easily.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...