New memeber looking to build a quality speed ball platform :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speydream
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

New memeber looking to build a quality speed ball platform :)

Hey guys,
    greetings from northern ireland

I was going to buy a quality speedball platform, until i seen the price of them

I then decided to would look around the dump, for an old coffee table and hopefully (with your help) produce a quality platform.

Does anyone here have a good plan, or step by step guide on how to build the perfect platform?

What are the do's and dont's when it comes to building a platform?

cheers
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Look through this thread http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=295

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yep, there's plenty of ways to do it. I've never seen detailed formal "plans" but really all it requires is mounting something flat in a horizontal plane at the appropriate height. The board doesn't really even need to be circular , square or rectangle works fine.

As Dutchman said, this thread has lots of good ideas in it:
      http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=295

And whatever you come up with, make sure you post some pics

DOs:
      It needs to be sturdy, vibration will kill your rebounds
      Generally speaking, the thicker the board, the better (Weight helps minimize vibration)
      Mount it so when the bag is hanging, the belly (fat part) is at your mouth or chin
      Whether the board is circle , square or rectangle is irrelevant. Circle is the most efficient shape
      Make sure the board is big enough for the size bag you plan on hitting. A really big bag will need a really big board
      Last edited by Tim; 06-29-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...