• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roc Stone
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2007

Fundamental Flaw in Speedbags

Hey Guys

Been meaning to post this one for a while now and it's just a little tip for beginners on speedbag selection.

Owing to the contruction of the speedbag seam misalignment can always occur and this is a major contributer to the rebound of the bag. True rebound relies on the shape of the speedbag being as close to symmetric as possible and with seam misalignment that ain't gonna happen. Obviously seam misalignment can occur in many different areas on the bag and some areas may effect the bag worse than others. Pictures attached display clear tell tale signs of what I'm talking about. In fairness to Everlast, the other bag is a Ringside.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Roc Stone; 06-27-2009, 07:45 PM.
    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

I agree with Speedbag that this shows poor quality control.

It's funny how in so many other aspects like two pairs of pants labeled the same size that are supposed to be exactly the same, or shoes, or gloves, etc, and yet the are not exactly the same. It may be very hard to keep a bag consistently round enough. And if there was a manufacturer that threw out all their rejects but had to sell bags at a higher cost because of it, would they go out of business because their prices appeared too high?

How many "defective" bags are actually noticed and returned to force them to get their quality at a higher standard? I would assume most people only have one bag or maybe two and never notice a bad bag. It's another assumption to think that about 80/90% of speedbags setups are only used for a while and then they collect dust anyway, just like most exercise equipment people buy.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...