• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilkManX
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2008

The Bag + The Bike!

I tried it Alan!

I have a knee that doesn't care much for running so I broke out my exercise bike today and noticed it was the perfect height to bag and ride.

I set my Gymboss timer to 10 two minute rounds with 1 minute intervals.

So I would do 2 minutes Ride and Bag and then 1 minute just ride.

ITs a blast and man do you get a workout!

I now have a new addiction!

• BlackCatXIII
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2009

I do that too (speed bag bible-so much useful information). I have an old fan upright bike (backwards pedaling keeps you cool in the garage); since it’s underneath the speed bag platform I have a limit as to what techniques I can perform because it’s a century heavy/speed bag platform combo; it’s a bit close to the stand (set up sideways on it to fit the bike). Pedaling backwards and hitting forward causes a brain fart until you learn to just go with it kind of like learning to rub your stomach and pat your head same time. I supplement it between exercises to keep heart rate up and increase cardio; also it makes garage workouts so much enjoyable between sets.

Comment

• Tim
      Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Another real knee friendly way to make speed bag a better cardio workout is to use a platform where you can move around as much as possible. Try staying in constant motion side to side as you hit, it's pretty intense, especially with a big (10x7 or larger) bag.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...