• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Have bag will travel!

I am going on tour this year sporadically between the months of April and October.
    I haven't been on the road since I started bagging in Sept last year.
    I need to figure out how to have a bag and platform with me on tour....
    I am looking for any suggestions that can top or add to my idea....
    I am going to try to attach a platform to 2 2X4's that will be about 3" long.
    I will then attach said 2x4's to a wardrobe case that travels with the band and is backstage at all the gigs. I am thinking that I can simply take the 2x4's with platform already attached and connect the whole rig to the outside of a wardrobe case via 4-8 heavy duty screws that I can tighten by hand with a wing-nut type system inside the case. I don't see it being too difficult, but I also don't seeing it being to sturdy.....unless I weigh the platform down from above of course.

Any suggestions? There is no way I am going to be searching for a place to bag in all these different cities on the US and Europe. Not to mention paying a gym fee. I need the bag around me guaranteed!!!!

I hope Skunk sees this cuz he invented the SUV trailer hitch platform!
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

BT - I'm sure there are creative members out there that can come up with some solutions. If you go with your solution, I'm thinking you would need some type of locking washer to go along with the wing nut setup. There's going to be lots of vibration which will lead to you constantly tightening the wing nuts (without some type of locking nut or washer).

Good luck on your tour. We'll miss your colorful use of baggin vobagulary!
    Last edited by Biff; 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      BT - I'm sure there are creative members out there that can come up with some solutions. If you go with your solution, I'm thinking you would need some type of locking washer to go along with the wing nut setup. There's going to be lots of vibration which will lead to you constantly tightening the wing nuts (without some type of locking nut or washer).

Good luck on your tour. We'll miss your colorful use of baggin vobagulary!
      You won't have to miss my voBAGulary, for I am a man armed, bagged and ready! I have a laptop and being online is one of the things that can keep you connected to whatever level of sanity you already have while being on the road! I may be touring, but I will still be on planet Earth!
      BAG ON!

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        You won't have to miss my voBAGulary,
        voBAGulary - I think that might be the best one yet

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          voBAGulary - I think that might be the best one yet
          Gotta give credit to Biff for that one!

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

In regards to a traveling platform have you ever seen the Golds gym unit I have? The platform part can come off of the vertical supports, you just have to unscrew two things (by hand) , then lift it off. If you had a surface to attach the verticals, you could hang the platform,hit for awhile, then take it back down.

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

I travel a lot and when on the road I punch as if I'm hitting a speedbag. You'd be surprised what a workout that is. It's not as much fun though.

I also made a "double end bag" but used one of those round foam punch pads as a bag. The upper elastic cord secured to a small vice that was secured to the upper door frame (just don't ruin the frame) and the bottom went to a handle on my luggage bag that was weighted down with stuff. If noise is not a concern, I guess you could use the same double-end setup with a real double end bag that you just inflate with a small pump and then deflate it for traveling.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...