• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Found on the bargain rack...

Went to Play It Again Sports (I think that's what it's called, the used/new sporting goods chain). Normally their speed bag selection is poor, to say the least.

Not so today. For one I found Everlast plastic swivels, new in the box, marked down to $2.99 I promptly snatched up 3 of them

They also had Everlast bags. I believe this is the vinyl bag, but it doesn't seem to be 11x8 in size, I'd say 10x7 or so. Marked down to $7.99 (open item). (Shown with a Figthing Sports 10x7 for comparison) They also had the "America" bag, of similar construction and size, open , for $7.99.

First impressions on the vinyl bags .... They are slick and your knuckles bounce and skip all over them, shredding skin as they go. They are a nice shape and size, nice short loop, easy to get on and off the hook, but not good like a leather bag.

Very poor, dead rebound. Not a good bag ... oh well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim; 01-17-2009, 04:21 PM.
  • Murph
    • Jan 2009

Nice Score!

Why did they stop bending out the S-Hook on the bag side of plastic B&H?

It can be a real pain in the *** to change out bags.

Comment

• Whippet
      • Nov 2008

That's a great score Tim. I was wondering what those red vinyl Everlast bags were like to hit. They go for just as much as some of the leather models do on their Web site.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Murph View Post
        Why did they stop bending out the S-Hook on the bag side of plastic B&H?

It can be a real pain in the *** to change out bags.
        i've got a 6x4 everlast bag that I just will not put on a hook, because it takes me 20 minutes to get it back off !!!! It's got a very short loop and it is stiff.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...