• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

My Title 10x12 bag

As I have said before in other posts, I have a Title 10x12 bag that I really like because it's heavy and slow. See the bag in this link: http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html maybe mine was a freak because the bag in the picture online doesn't show a long strap like mine has, but I was starting to hate the way it behaved. I can really beat on that thing very hard and it never gets out of control. I really like to use it after I get done with my smaller bags when my shoulders are burning but I'm not ready to quit yet. I'll put up the big bag and get a completely different type of workout with the large heavy bag.

Anyway, my only problem with the Title bags that I hate about them is the loops are about 1 1/2" long and the bags sometimes tend to twist at the loop instead of the swivel and it makes the rebound unpredictable.

I always wished that Title made their loops like the Everlast bags, short and thick to eliminate this problem.

So I came up with the idea of having an upholstery shop to stitch the loop back and forth four or five times about a third of the way up from the bag. I deflated the bag and brought it to an upholstery shop and the guy did it in less than five minutes and told me there was no charge for it. I gave him $5.00 and thanked him for his time, then took it home and trimmed off the loop above the stitching.

It works like a charm! The thread was very thick and heavy duty and I'm not worried about the stitching failing whatsoever. The bag behaves much more predictably and I like it even more now than ever before.

I highly recommend this modification to your Title bags if the twisting starts bugging you like it did me.

Last edited by Chris M; 08-16-2006, 08:24 AM.
  • Teetu
    • Aug 2006

i don't know anything about sewing, but is it just a straight stitch across? I may do this if the title bag I get gives me the same problem

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Teetu
      i don't know anything about sewing, but is it just a straight stitch across? I may do this if the title bag I get gives me the same problem
      Yes, what I did was decide where I wanted the stitching to be and I took a Sharpie marker and drew a line on both sides of the strap of where I did not want the stitching to go below. I wanted the new strap to be a short as possible and still allow me to put it on the hook.

The guy made a single pass straight across perpendicular to the length of the strap, then he went back and forth several times above that first line. If I can remember, I'll take some pictures and will post them.

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

I made a very crude drawing on MS paint to illustrate what I had done. Maybe this will help.

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...