• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Ringside's horrible customer service

Well, after weeks of trying to convince myself that I did not need another speedbag, I gave in and ordered this bag:
    At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

I ordered it on 12/06 and it was delivered on 12/10. I paid 34.99 (phone order). On 12/11 I noticed the 24.99 web price. I called twice to see if they could credit me the 10 bucks. The first rep started to accomodate me, and then quickly changed his tone. He said that the 24.99 online price was a misprint. The price was "too low" for that bag.

The next day, a different rep told me that I absolutely could not receive a credit. He said that customer service reps had no advance knowledge of online discounts or price reductions. I then told him about my conversation with the first rep and about the "misprint." The 2nd rep then put me on hold, and after about 30 seconds returned to tell me that the 24.99 was indeed a misprint. Each rep told me the price would be corrected very soon. Well, it is not yet corrected, and that's because they are full of crap!! The 24.99 is the correct price - it is listed as an online special. What dishonesty and some nerve to feed me a line of crap just to avoid doing a favor for a loyal customer.

What do you guys think? Am I making a big deal of it? It's the principle of the matter that I am concerned with.

P.S. After viewing Tim's very helpful bag comparison pic, I decided that the 8 x 5 would be too small. So I ordered the 9 x 6 and it was right on the money. Perfect size and nice shape. Great rebounds, I'll post pics soon.
    Last edited by riqal; 12-13-2008, 06:45 AM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by riqal View Post
    What do you guys think? Am I making a big deal of it? It's the principle of the matter that I am concerned with.
    I'd ask to speak to the supervisor and mention "Title boxing" repeatedly.

Comment

• riqal
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2006

Ok so now I talked to a total of four customer service reps, the last one was through online help. It was the same woman who took the order on 12/6. After threatening to return the bag and to go with titleboxing for all my future purchases, she said that she would go ahead and process the credit. Also, I finally got the 4th rep to admit that the 24.99 was the correct price.

Sorry for being so petty and venting, but when it comes down to it it is the principle that matters!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...