X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Travis1965Comet
    • Feb 2022

Everlast 4200 projects

I had a 4200 back around 2007 that I bought at Big 5. I really enjoyed hit that bag. At the time I didnt think it was a good one but I enjoyed it. I wished I would have kept it. Anyways I wanted to purchase another one and couldnt believe they dont make them anymore. Well I found these 2. The kangaroo version needs a new loop and bladder and the Olympic version needs a new bladder. The bladder was dry rotted and crumbly. I will be putting some title bladders in them and cleaning them up. Can anyone date the kangaroo version?
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Mid to late 1950's to early 1960's

Comment

• Travis1965Comet
      • Feb 2022

Installed a Title Advanced medium bladder using neoprene contact cement. I work on pool tables and have been using this neoprene cement for many years. It worked perfect for the application. I think it came out nice.

Comment

• Mickey Dix
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jul 2019

That Kangaroo looks very clean you did a great job in refurbishing that vintage 4200.I also love the 4200 it was one of the first bags I bought in the early 80’s.The Kangaroo must be nice on the hands to hit.Do you prefer the title advanced bladder compared to the regular title enkay bladder?I think the nipple is a little longer but was wondering if there was any other difference. Thanks

Comment

• Travis1965Comet
          • Feb 2022

I put a Enkay in the newer 4200 and the title bladder in the kangaroo. The kangaroo felt so good hitting it. I sent it off to the new owner today. The newer version feels great as well. I like the title bags because they seem like they are very good quality. So far so good.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...