X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Travis1965Comet
    • Feb 2022

New member with a faulty Title lighting swivel

Hello, new member here, well sort of. I was a member many years ago. I moved around alot didnt always have a speedbag setup. I recently just decided to mount a platform and start hitting the bag again.

I needed a bag and a swivel to get me going so I purchased a Reyes bag (small) and a Title Lighting fast swivel. The swivel finally arrived and I was just dissatisfied with the quality. There was multiple things wrong with the swivel. The bearings did not have smooth operation. It appeared to have dirt embedded on the bearing. The stainless loop was not even as on leg was longer than the other. I had to force the pin out and could not get the pin back in. I contacted Title and they sent me a new one. I didnt have to send the other one back.
    Finally the new swivel came in and the bearings were in the same condition as the first swivel but everything else was good.

I decided to replace the bearings in both swivels with some high quality ones from Japan. I also repaired the loop by shortening the leg of the original loop and welding it in place. It now works great.

I had a ball and hook swivel years ago and I liked the way it performed but it sent me to the eye doctor due to the metal wearing out between the eye and hook.
    I wanted to try and find another ball swivel but they seem to be impossible to find these days. I found Arc swivels by accident and was able to order one of those. Anyways like is said before, I was here many years ago. Is there a facebook group as well?

Travis
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...