• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2021

Where to hit the fist or hand

Really detailed basic question. Been looking a beginner videos and have not come across the exact part of the hand that should hit the bag. Is it different for everyone.

Some people on their forward and reverse hitting seem to not change their angle of their fits. Some seem to change the angle or tilt of their wrist to hit different parts of the hand.

on a reverse hit I’m having problems with consistent straight hits.
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but watch Tommy's hands. I've learned so much watching him control the bag. And if you can do it slow you will never reach your full potential fast.
    Hope it helps. Enjoy

Comment

• Ginger
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2021

Good angle for seeing the reverse hit! thank you. Good to see an experienced person came to similar conclusions as me to get it straight. I also change my wrist angle and tilt my hand to hit more on top like he does. Guess I really just needed reassurance that my method wasn't going to be a problem down the road with more advanced stuff. Thanks again.

Originally posted by dad View Post
      I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but watch Tommy's hands. I've learned so much watching him control the bag. And if you can do it slow you will never reach your full potential fast.
      Hope it helps. Enjoy

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...