Where to hit the fist or hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to hit the fist or hand

Really detailed basic question. Been looking a beginner videos and have not come across the exact part of the hand that should hit the bag. Is it different for everyone.

Some people on their forward and reverse hitting seem to not change their angle of their fits. Some seem to change the angle or tilt of their wrist to hit different parts of the hand.

on a reverse hit I’m having problems with consistent straight hits.

I'm probably not the one that can help on this one because I started doing the linking hits probably a few months ago but have hit the speed bag off and on since I was a teen, Whenever those hammer fist hits come into play on combos, I like to turn my fist and use a backfist instead of the hammer fist but that's just me, As for those reverse alternet singles, Those are still giving me alittle bit of trouble just because I don't have enough practice with them and sometimes they go off canter lol, I do have a few of videos on Instagram showing my beginnings of some linking combos, There's that one from Brad that's hard to control when you try to go fast lol, I don't know the name of it, Jeff called it the Houdini i think, Take some air outta the bag and you'll have better control or use a much bigger bag, After you got some time in practicing, You can fill the bag back up with air. It's all about controlling the bag and where it goes while your hitting it, Bag on.

Comment

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but watch Tommy's hands. I've learned so much watching him control the bag. And if you can do it slow you will never reach your full potential fast.
      Hope it helps. Enjoy

Comment

Good angle for seeing the reverse hit! thank you. Good to see an experienced person came to similar conclusions as me to get it straight. I also change my wrist angle and tilt my hand to hit more on top like he does. Guess I really just needed reassurance that my method wasn't going to be a problem down the road with more advanced stuff. Thanks again.

Originally posted by dad View Post
        I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but watch Tommy's hands. I've learned so much watching him control the bag. And if you can do it slow you will never reach your full potential fast.
        Hope it helps. Enjoy

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...
        X