• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kotis
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Sep 2021

Vintage Everlast speedbag platform

I Have an old Everlast speed bag platform. It looks original but is there suppose to be a way to adjust height. I also have a old Everlast speed bag #4211. Looking for new bladder. Any info would be appreciated. Please call 810364-7529.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

As far as a bladder, probably the Title Boxing 'Large" one will work. This platform is adjustable, it's just easier to do with two people. There are two lever clamps on the back of the platform frame that hold it in place. By pushing both of them up it releases it and you can lift it up or lower it into position, then pull the levers down to lock it into place. This was one of their semi pro platforms, the two upper tier platforms have hand cranks to adjust them in addition to clamps to hold it in place.

Comment

• kotis
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Sep 2021

Thank you for the information. It comes down easy but hard to raise even with two people. Would it hurt the value if I made a hand crank. I only gave 50 dollars for it. Came with three new bags and swivels. Any idea what year it is.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

. Here is catalog page with one of the later versions of it, (go down a couple of posts) with the hand crank and knob type set screws https://speedbagforum.com/forums/for...tory/3802-1994 Note that the description indicates that only the top end style has the hand crank, the lower two are the "manual" adjust like what you have.
        Last edited by Dutchman; 09-13-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

As far as what year, I would hazard an educated guess that it's probably post WWII, more than likely 1950's-60's. They didn't change a lot. Most of the differences in them appear to have happened after they moved from Brooklyn to Missouri.

Comment

• kotis
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Sep 2021

Thank you for all the pictures. Is the threaded rod 3/4 of an inch.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

• kotis
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Sep 2021

Thanks to everyone for your help. I came up with this by using a 1/2" rod, 2 rear spring hangers with three 1/2 inch set screw collars. I thought 1/2 rod would be to light works perfect. I raise and lower it with my cordless drill. I had everything in garage. Don't laugh.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...