X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JordonC2
    • Jul 2021

Vintage Tuff-Wear Swivel

Looking for to match my Vintage Tuff-Wear Swivel from when I was a kid.
    I still have it and think is one of the best.

Here's are my questions.
    1. Looking to buy another so I can switch bags quick and easy. Should match the mount 1 3/4" ID Ring Mount
    2. If not possible or there is something better let me know and I will buy two if needed.

Thank you
    Jordon Click image for larger version

Name:	D41AA25F-C319-48BD-A5EA-A2E786D134C9.png
Views:	204
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	126363
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

I have found that Tuf-Wear and Ringside used the same size and thread as the old Everlast swivels (not the new ones). I know I can use the bottom of a Everlast ball hook in a Ringside mounting flange. This is the swivel I'm currently using https://www.ringside.com/ringside-e-...ro-swivel.html
    Also any of the Everlast swivels, whether it's the roller chain type like the one above, or the aforementioned ball hook swivels will work with the Tuf-Wear flange. They show up on eBay fairly regularly.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 08-23-2021, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• JordonC2
      • Jul 2021

Dutchman that's a good looking swivel. How does it close? I looked on ringside but there are no photos of the reverse side.
      Looks like I could mount that and change bags easily and fast.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

These used to use what we call an "R" or "mouse key" to that works like a cotter pin. This appears to use one of these https://www.mcmaster.com/pins/flat-h...-release-pins/

Comment

• JordonC2
          • Jul 2021

Dutchman,
          Thanks for the info I'm gonna place an order.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...