• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FredLogan
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2021

How to build the speedbag platform?

How To Turn Small Area In An Ideal Sewing Space

No matter if you are a beginner or about to start a sewing business after reaching the heights of advancement, the sewing space needs to be creative and full of resources to work. If you are working in a small area, you can also make it creative and amazing by adding a few things in it other thanbest sewing machine for beginners; these things will help you in completing projects quickly.

An ideal sewing room

Lightning:

Lightning doesn’t mean that room should be exposed to sunlight. Excessive sunlight can destroy threads and other sewing material. Hang lights in your room right above the head to observe the sewing process and to notice the mistakes while working.

Cutting Table:

When choosing a cutting table for your sewing space, first make sure it’s according to the space you are working in, and secondly, it must have grids and squares for the convenience of measurements and cutting. Also, make sure about the height of the table so you can work on it in a comfortable position even if standing.

Fabric and Thread Storage:

Use small cabinets or you can use some old closet as fabric and thread storage. That cabinet must be safe from dust and other environmental factors to keep your sewing material safe. Keep these cabinets near the sewing table so you can reach them easily without getting disturbed in the middle of the work.

Sewing Table:

The sewing table is an essential part of the sewing area. While choosing this table, keep the height of the table in mind so when you are using thebest sewing machine for beginners, it must not hurt your back. Also, choose a table according to the weight and size of the sewing machine for the best match.

Sewing machine table

Idea Board:

Along with the best sewing machine for beginners, a bulletin board is important to have in your sewing space. Before starting work, write down all your ideas and things to do on it. Follow the steps and it will be easier for you to visualize the projects in a better way. It will also add fun and a decorative element to your sewing space and it can bring creativity vibe to the space.

Project Storage:

Make a small compartment where add all your finished projects. Treat that compartment as your portfolio and later you can see the growth. Label all your work within that compartment to save space from a big mess and everything will be in the right place.

Pressing Station:

For the pressing of the garments, in the end, you need to set up a pressing station. This place must be near the connecting spot and sewing table. If you have less area then you can use a small table or rack for the pressing purpose. A shelf for storage can also be used for the pressing of garments in the end for a while.

Conclusion

You can keep the sewing space simple but creative at the same time. If you have thetop rated sewing machines for beginners then of course sewing results will be ultimate but you need to set up space in a way that can constantly provide you inspiration for the work every day.
    Last edited by FredLogan; 04-13-2023, 03:45 AM.
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

First welcome FredLogan I'm sure your going to enjoy being part of the family. I have seen many different designs over the years and the one I used was an old laminated butcherblock birch table 1 1/2"thick cut in half laminated together. However, that could be expensive. If you really want to get of relatively cheaper you can bolt 2x4 in vertical position and sand one side smooth and level. There is always plywood and particle board. What ever you do if there is one thing I have leaned from watching many good baggers (who have skills greater than I have) is that there is no real reason for the platform to be round, (if there is would someone please educate me) so make it easy on yourself. The other thing that is probable the most important thing that always seems to be ignored in my opinion the word "platform" if like most you are referring to the "drum" remember this, just like a house the integrity of it starts at the bottom and works up. A 10" thick drum is of little value on a poorly supported frame conversely a good frame support would be great with a piece of 1" particle board. Hope this is of some help. WELCOME and ENJOY

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
    Working...