• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigD
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2021

Swivel and Bag

Hello guys, I’m quite new to the world of speed bags and need a little advice please. I purchased and installed my pro box platform and bag a couple of months ago and I’ve started to get pretty decent at using it, the main issue I have is the swivel is awful and the bag itself feels a bit too big.

What would you guys recommend as a replacement for the swivel and the bag? I’ve been looking at the Rival style swivel and the small Cleto Reyes bags but would like some advice before I jump in and spend my money.

Thanks
    D
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

If you’re willing to spend extra, the title lighting fast swivel is phenomenal. As far as bags, the everlast kangaroo 10x7 is an excellent large bag. Light and fast. Smaller bags would be the everlast Mx, ringside heritage 5”, balazs Lazer 8x5. All fast bags. The only bag from title worth having is the perilous speedbag. I had a perilous size 9x6 and it was super fast. My only complaint was the leather(?). It felt like tire rubber.

Comment

• BigD
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2021

Thanks mate like I say I’m new to using the speed bag so will probably be trial and error till I find something I like but appreciate any advice I can get along the way, I’ll look at your suggestions now

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

First welcome D, a lot of good people and great information. I must put my knowledge into some prospective. "SWIVELS" Used and made many swivels but if you are interested in "BIBLE STYLE" I would go with an "ARC". "BAGS" Only used 5 different bags but I really like my 6" x 9" Title Black", easy on the hands and a great rebound. Also, check out "Tim's" reviews great resource. Enjoy the journey.

Comment

• surfingcowboy
          • May 2020

I like the LMF Swivel that is custom made(in US) and in smaller amounts with a eye on detail and available on Ebay for Non Bible Style bagging(Fast and made right and not long on the length from drum to bag loop connection) and I started on the ball swivels many moons ago and in the process of procuring one(Arc or the Thrasher) to get into the Bible style along with my boxing workouts on the LMF swivels. Title Perilous(6"x9") is a Great bag and is fast as grease lighting and easy on the hands and there are others
          Last edited by surfingcowboy; 03-08-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

My two cents:

Title Lightning Fast swivel.
            Cleto 5"- 8"

= an unbeatable combo.

Edit: The above is just what I would be going with if not for Bible Style.
            Last edited by BagBoy; 03-03-2021, 03:00 PM.
            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
              • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              My two cents:

Title Lightning Fast swivel.
              Cleto 5"- 8"

= an unbeatable combo.

Edit: The above is just what I would be going with if not for Bible Style.
              The Lighting Fast swivels are a great design but their Pakistan made quality is all over the place The swivel I got had one of it's common failures the top bearing failed in very short order Moving on the Cleto 6X9 is a great all around bag as well And all the Cleto bags have that great leather aroma to enhance your workout area It sucks that you can't just order a good ball swivel right now from anyone other than Jeff Thrasher I don't have one of his swivels I am lucky enough to have two Arcs' and a Forza Everyone who has one of his swivels likes it "Speedbag" on this forum has books and DVD's he gives members great deals on If you are interested Bible Style A lot of us older guys have got a notion to set up a speed bag for one reason or another After really enjoying hitting the bag boxing style for a year I wanted to expand my horizons and found this forum What I have figured out along the way All the really COOL bags are expensive However you can easily get our moneys' worth in use if you become addicted like most us are The swivel situation leaves a lot to be desired if you browse this forum everyone's favorite bags are accounted for Welcome Aboard and Keep at It!

Comment

• Pete
                • Nov 2020

Welcome D, the cleto is worth every penny. For boxing style I think the lmf gives you the most bang for your buck. Th e title platinum perilous is a really fast and fun one.
                New ball and hooks on the horizon.....

Comment

• BagBoy
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post

The Lighting Fast swivels are a great design but their Pakistan made quality is all over the place The swivel I got had one of it's common failures the top bearing failed in very short order Moving on the Cleto 6X9 is a great all around bag as well And all the Cleto bags have that great leather aroma to enhance your workout area

I assume this was the part of your post meant for me, as per the "quote" Indeed those swivels are made in Pakistan (I think that's common knowledge) true, some of them are duds but most of us who have them concur that for a U-Bolt they are the best one can get. Granted - we didn't receive the lemons.

I once had a Ringside swivel that was so lopsided that it was unusable. It too was also made in said country. I took pics and was able to return it for a full refund.

Agreed on the Cleto smell. They make the place smell like you're walking into a fine leather shop.

Forza's Hypersonic U-Bolt is equal to the aforementioned Title and made in the USA and is consistent. No duds. Whether or not they still make them is another story..
                  Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...