X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3dvrmonster
    • Sep 2020

Working the back side punches

Looking for advice/tips to improve hitting the bag from the back. I tend to make most mistakes doing backside strikes. Reverse double in particular. Do I need to only practice back side for a month? I find I mainly attack the front now since I make far less mistakes there.
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

With practice it will come around. A month? I say do it for as long as it takes and after that don't stop! Forget the month. Forget any self assigned deadlines and just keep at it.

Yes. Front work is the easiest for obvious reasons and I guess back work is hardest simply because it is the opposite of the front Assuming you're hitting the bag correctly it'll happen! You'll have your eureka moment.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

..Continued: If you're comfortable with putting up a video - it may/will be easier for other members to help.

Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
        • Feb 2020

Back punches and fist rolls were very awkward for me as well Bagboy is right you just keep at it If you have an inspiration try it sooner or later it will click Alan's tutorial is great but at the end of the day we all have to find our own way

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

In the for what it's worth department that was one of the hardest for me to to learn as well. The video that helped me the most was "Tommy T's" he shows you slowly step by step. ENJOY
          Speed Bag Lessons with Speedy Tommy T - YouTube

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
            • Sep 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
            ..Continued: If you're comfortable with putting up a video - it may/will be easier for other members to help.
            I will try to do a video soon. I appreciate any advice. My best results have come from sticking to 1 thing for days on end until I get it as near to perfect as possible. That's why I said a month.
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
              • Sep 2020

Originally posted by dad View Post
              In the for what it's worth department that was one of the hardest for me to to learn as well. The video that helped me the most was "Tommy T's" he shows you slowly step by step. ENJOY
              Speed Bag Lessons with Speedy Tommy T - YouTube
              This was very helpful! It's always great to find more youtube tips and tricks. Thanks so much!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...