• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3pinballs
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2021

Adjustable Speed bag platforms

guys yI'm a Newbie....54 years old, need to lose some weight and saw Speed bags help along with my heavy bag and jump roping ( I Hope the speed bag helps )

So I've been researching and noticed the Title and Valor with the adjustable Worm gear looks easier to adjust compared to the red lock down handles on Xmark, Title and Valor. I'll primarily be using it, and hope my wife and daughter might get into it for their arms.

I've read that MDF board which on the crank style Worm adjusting platforms, might not be as good as traditional hardwood? Plus hardwood looks better in my opinion. I noticed the mdf board is usually thicker than the natural hardwood too.

I'll be mounting this on my cinder block wall which is far away from our bedroom for noise sake, but limiting noise is always a good thing.

If there's a link to any discussion on this, that would be great too.

any input would be greatly appreciated...

P. S. I suck at hitting a speed bag so, bag size input would be great too and hopefully I can get really good like you guys .

Thanks everyone - Tony D
  • 3dvrmonster
    • Sep 2020

Hi I built my own platform thats not adjustable, so I can't comment on that directly. I can recommend Tim's youtube channel. Lots of tips, reviews, etc. https://youtu.be/F2qeBzs5S5E also if you have not picked up the speed bag bible / DVD it helps a ton. On bag size start on the larger side and work your way to smaller/faster in time. Goodluck!

Comment

• 3pinballs
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2021

That video was excellent thank you

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
        • Sep 2020

Anytime glad it helped. Speedbagcentral.com has ton of info too. Here is another highly recommend youtube channel to learn from if you wanna check it out too https://youtube.com/channel/UCCBe4i5zeuza_TArJ6qawQQ he is great teacher.
        Last edited by 3dvrmonster; 01-26-2021, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• pinzpirate
          • Feb 2020

I have Valor CA-53 Got it brand new in the box for $150 Found it on OfferUp 1/2 mile from the shop
          It's pretty good A 50lb bag of sand remedied almost all the vibration it had The drum mine came with is quieter
          than wood and it rebounds good I didn't know their headquarters were right here in my home town until
          opened the box St Petersburg Florida Hope this helps

Comment

• pinzpirate
            • Feb 2020

:Ya know ventanakaz makes a few excellent points A lot of people like big bags and they need a larger drum And Speedbag's program is a great way to get into speed bagging but like him I appreciate inputs from sources of all kinds His best point is probably don't be afraid to be an individual Don't sacrifice your own enjoyment under the platform trying to rock someone else's groove Like member Dad likes to say "It's the journey that matters, Enjoy the ride The destination is not the prize"

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...