• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snugglepuppy666
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2008

My speed bag platform

Hey guys, visit often but just registered..

Attached are pics of my home made set up.. its in its third and final revision..

specs:

16ga 2x2 tube

2" 16ga angle iron

1/8 plate steel

14ga tube

1/4 6x6 plate

1-1/2 MFD w/ 1/4in 2 part epoxy pour

if i were to do it again I would have done it a bit different.. but all in all its solid..

Attached Files
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Nice. That looks heavy duty. The stickers are a nice touch to... really gives it some character.

Comment

• snugglepuppy666
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Nice. That looks heavy duty. The stickers are a nice touch to... really gives it some character.
      Thanks.. but those arnt stickers.. I pulled all kinds of images of the internet.. printed them on an inkjet printer.. if you look close I have 3 pics of my son on the board.. I painted the board white (paper gets translucent in polyurithane) then coated them w/ polyurithane.. the poly seals the paper and prevents air bubbles... The next step is a two part epoxy.. The coating is 1/4 in. thick and as hard as a rock.. The epoxy is TRICKY to pour..

the board is 1.5 inches plus .25" of epoxy for 1.75" thick.

Actually, you can put what ever you want in the epoxy.. bottle caps, rocks, nails, etc.. just got to watch for air bubbles.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...