Which of these two bags for my new BF platform purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neogeo64
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2020

Which of these two bags for my new BF platform purchase?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and new to speed bags for the most part. My only experience with one was during a cardio/boxing class I enjoyed before covid for about a year.
    I'm in my 40's and want to stay in shape so I grabbed a few equipment items this Black Friday sale to continue to train at home.
    One Item was the Ring to cage Heavy Duty adjustable platform. Its currently $105 (30%) off the price when added to your cart

​​https://www.ringtocage.com/deluxe-he...rm-adjustable/
    I plan to mount it on my patios 6x6 post and this style of platform seem the best option for that type of mounting location.

I now need a speed bag (6x9) for it and I'm looking at a Title Gyro at $60 or the Meister SpeedKills at $30.

Is the Title Gyro worth the $30 more?

• BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

The Title Gyro is NOT IMO worth $60. I have had all four sizes and given all of them away. $30. I'd say is about right.. meh. Title has such better bags than their Gyro line. I would urge you to splurge and pick up a 6-9 Title Black! You will not regret it. The Meister, I've heard good things but never hit one before so can't help you there.

BTW When I say Title Black, I mean the original and NOT! the Black 2.0's that they've recently put out.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Pete
      • Nov 2020

I'm not a fan of the title gyro either. It gets better as you break it in but I regret buying it. I think the meister medium would be much better for starting up. The meister small was the 2nd bag I bought and is still one of my favorites. That thing flies

meister medium meister small gyro small
      Click image for larger version

Name:	8008.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	123298

Comment

• dad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Dec 2018

First welcome to the forum, a lot of good people and a lot of great information. I have both Gyro and Black like them both but I have to agree with BagBoy Black all the way.

Comment

• neogeo64
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2020

Thanks for the recommendation guys! The Title black (none 2.0) is the same price as the gyro on title webpage for Black Friday. I think I might pick it up.

Comment

• pinzpirate
            • Feb 2020

I got a Cleto Reyes 6X9 for $70 on sale before COVID Can't go wrong with one of those when your ready to get another better bag

Comment

• Zaz
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

I agree that The Title Black and the Cleto Reyes are great bags. I would also add the Title Yellow and the Title Perilous which are cheaper than the Black and the Cleto.

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zaz View Post
                I agree that The Title Black and the Cleto Reyes are great bags. I would also add the Title Yellow and the Title Perilous which are cheaper than the Black and the Cleto.
                Good call ZAZ on the yellow and the perilous! Those are some desert island bags right there!

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                  • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Good call ZAZ on the yellow and the perilous! Those are some desert island bags right there!
                  What exactly is a desert island bag? Oh King of Anachronism

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post

What exactly is a desert island bag? Oh King of Anachronism
                    Ok. Let's say, hypothetically of course that either myself or Zaz was being sent to a desert island for being bad guys. Now let us imagine that we each had to pick only a few speed bags from our bag arsenals to take to said punishment island. Well, the bags mentioned by Zaz in his post would be on that list of bags we can't love without.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                      • Feb 2020

Ok. Let's say, hypothetically of course that either myself or Zaz was being sent to a desert island for being bad guys. Now let us imagine that we each had to pick only a few speed bags from our bag arsenals to take to said punishment island. Well, the bags mentioned by Zaz in his post would be on that list of bags we can't love without.
                      I love your unabashed imagination!

Comment

• Zaz
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

I'm a really bad guy so my desert island bags are always ready to go with me! I just hope i can bring them all..

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Zaz View Post
                          I agree with Zaz with the Title Black non 2.0 and the cleto’s I wish the Cleto’s loop wasn’t so stiff and bulky.The Title yellow is a fine bag also IMO.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...