• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackdaniel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2020

I need your help

Setting Up Your Rotary Laser Level

A rotating laser level is a kind of laser level that is more advanced than the regular line laser level. It comes with a 360-degree rotating setup to project laser beams in all directions. The ability of the rotary laser level to project laser beams in all directions comes with numerous benefits.

This rotary laser level reduces the total time you will take measurements in different directions. Setting up your rotary laser level is similar to setting up other types of laser levels, except for some variations. You can search for the Best Rotary Laser Level For Construction or any other job by reading detailed reviews on the Laser Level Hub website.

How to Set Up a Rotary Laser Level

The first step is to find an ideal rotary laser level by checking product reviews online. Get a flat surface on a workspace, then mount the rotary laser level at your desired height. You may want to support your device with a tripod with at least three legs for better stability. You may use a stable sawhorse or bucket if a tripod stand is unavailable.

If you have a manually-operated rotary laser level, you have to locate the vials on the device, and each of the screws corresponds to a vial. Adjust each screw until each vial shows its level. The manual laser level becomes leveled once the bubbles have lined up between the black vials on all the vials. On the other hand, a self leveling rotary laser level does not need screws or vials to be set before it levels but is automatically designed to be self-leveled.

Once you have set your rotary laser level, please turn it on. If you use an automated self-leveling rotary laser level, you must leave a few seconds to a minute to allow the device to self-level once it is turned on. The rotary laser should emit a rotating laser beam in all directions. The 360-degree mark on your device means you can take measurements at different angles within the 360-degree marks.

Keep in mind that you can be more exposed to the laser beam from your rotary laser level than any other type of laser level. For this reason, you must wear all protective gear that can protect you from laser beam harm. Your eye goggles, hand gloves, and protective outfit can help you stay safe while using the material.

Conclusion

You have to test your rotary laser level once the setup is completed. You can do this by marking all the end-range of the maximum range of your laser beam projection. Pay attention to the areas that the laser beam doesn’t reach. You may have to adjust your laser level to ensure that the laser beam reaches a broader range.

Sometimes, you may have to adjust your laser level to cover the area you need to measure. You should also pay attention to the visibility of the laser beam, which will indicate whether the battery is fully charged or not. Check out The Best Rotating Laser Level Reviews on Laser Level Hub website to figure out how to pick a suitable rotary laser level of your own.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-22-2022, 03:41 PM.
  • glus
    • Apr 2020

I'm still pretty new myself, 6.5 months in. But I'm not much bible style yet, just for boxing workout, so I guess I would be considered a member of the "punch fiercely" set.

My 2 cents:

- Before smashing, get your motions down. Specifically, sides of fists. Better to build these habits first, before doing much front of fists. This IMO would help prevent you from smashing your knuckles on the swivel or edge of board, or even other hard and pointy things nearby.

- Wear wraps. Anything thicker may prevent building the finesse you'll be developing. Some folks use gloves with success. Just for me, I needed that feel in the early going. Even wraps will help protect for modest misses / mistakes. But again, if you're smashing too early, I'd think wraps won't save you from hard mistakes.

- A 6x9 bag, minimum, to start. Myself, I went to a 5x8 within a week. That may have been a little early.

Good luck!

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

"Punch fiercely" It almost sounds like you need a heavy bag. You know, and a speed bag.

Sometimes it may look like someone is pounding the hell out of the speed bag but they're usually not hitting it all that hard as it doesn't take alot of power to keep a speed bag moving even though it can LOOK fierce. Speed bag is great for stress but if it's about getting out any anger and beating the piss outta something I'd hit a heavy bag.

my 2 cents
      Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

We often refer to the speed bag as a "control bag" as that is one of the principle things you use it for. If you are looking for something to hit to alleviate stress the heavy bag is a better choice. Besides changing bladders all the time gets really old.

Comment

• pinzpirate
          • Feb 2020

It sounds like you were watching someone with decent skills like the others said it looks like he's hitting hard With that in mind stress is in your head I know people who relieve stress by running The first part of relieving stress is to re-direct your mental focus As soon I start hitting the bag immediately my focus switches to my punches and what I combinations I'm practicing or I do stuff I already do pretty good just get a rhythm going and listen to the bag hit board No negative waves just punching and listening to the melodic clap of the bag on the board That's a large part of the addiction If you don't really need to beat the shit out something it could prove to be a great stress reliever like it is for me Hitting the bag is even more fun when you're in a good mood

Comment

• LaraJenkins
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2020

I need help to control my anger is something everyone has listened at some point. I can't help to control anyone's anger but https://domyhomeworkfor.me/history-homework-help will help you control your homework. Any type of problem is solvable with just a bit of help.

Comment

• dad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2018

"Fiercely" I'm not sure if you mean (very hard) or (very fast). Speed bags are not intended to be hit very hard if this is what you want to do follow BagBoy's advice and get a heavy bag. However if your looking to punch very fast my best advice is to punch very slow and learn to Control the bag and that will lead you down the road to Speed.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...