• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Biggest Baggin' Challenge

No this isn't a contest - but rather a question.

What thus far has been the hardest thing for you to learn and or master in your current skillset? For me it was simple single fist linking! HUH?? I just couldn't get a handle on it for months when I started out. I had all my elbow "moves" down way before I could ever throw in a single fist pass through (and return) Now it's just like breathing and I have no idea why I couldn't grasp it before.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • pinzpirate
    • Feb 2020

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

What thus far has been the hardest thing for you to learn and or master in your current skillset? For me it was simple single fist linking! HUH?? I just couldn't get a handle on it for months when I started out. I had all my elbow "moves" down way before I could ever throw in a single fist pass through (and return) Now it's just like breathing and I have no idea why I couldn't grasp it before.
    Reverse punches and reverse fist rolls for me
    Unrelated I have a Tandy leather part no. for 1/2" double cap rivets that match the ones my Cleto, Title, and Heritage bags use My Roni bag has 12mmX 10mm rivets
    I needed to remove the loop on my Heritage bag that had a defective seam in order for my upholstery guy to be able save it Like I said earlier Ringside replaced the
    bag and didn't want the first one back Now I can shorten the loop on my red Cleto bag and I'll still have enough rivets to modify 20 more bags
    Throw your masks away and have GREAT WEEKEND!

Comment

• Christine
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2020

My husband had a lot of trouble in the beginning with the basic 1,2,3's. Several times he bashed his knuckles on the edge of the platform but has since learned to shrink his circles.

Comment

• DizzyD
        • Jun 2020

Definately Side-Double-Punches for me. The Single-Side-Punches haven’t been that hard, and after I mastered the Doubles even the Triples did work in a quite short time. But with the SDP I had my special relation for weeks. Just didn’t get a good hit on the second punch (and it’s still one of the moves where I make the most mistakes). In the end it was like with every other move: while practicing there is this one moment when it catches you and then you got the feeling how to do it right... it just needed really long to get there

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Christine View Post
          My husband had a lot of trouble in the beginning with the basic 1,2,3's. Several times he bashed his knuckles on the edge of the platform but has since learned to shrink his circles.
          i hit my knuckles on the platform once. That was enough to learn me my lesson.

I have also given myself a fat lip. Once.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• peragio
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Jul 2020

For me its continuous 4 way elbows , i can do 4way elbows but not continuous, i get a few then loose it don't know what i do wrong

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by peragio View Post

For me its continuous 4 way elbows , i can do 4way elbows but not continuous, i get a few then loose it don't know what i do wrong
              peragio Ahh yes. Are you staying on the belly of the bag and are you making sure to not cross your center line? IE the swivel? When I was having trouble with those I realized I was riding up towards the upper area of the bag rather than the belly.. AND that I had a tendency to get far too animated from side to side causing the bag to hit my lower tricep rather than my elbows that keep the thing moving.

Belly of the bag
              Center-line

Making those adjustments are what worked for me, hope it helps.
              Last edited by BagBoy; 09-05-2020, 08:19 PM.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

i hit my knuckles on the platform once. That was enough to learn me my lesson.

I have also given myself a fat lip. Once.
                I think that pretty much all of us have had both of these happen at one point in time....

Comment

• peragio
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jul 2020

peragio Ahh yes. Are you staying on the belly of the bag and are you making sure to not cross your center line? IE the swivel? When I was having trouble with those I realized I was riding up towards the upper area of the bag rather than the belly.. AND that I had a tendency to get far too animated from side to side causing the bag to hit my lower tricep rather than my elbows that keep the thing moving.

Belly of the bag
                  Center-line

Making those adjustments are what worked for me, hope it helps.
                  Thank you so much i been making all those mistakes. today i raised my bag up higher as it was to low and I'm doing better now

Comment

• BagBoy
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by peragio View Post

Thank you so much i been making all those mistakes. today i raised my bag up higher as it was to low and I'm doing better now
                    Great! I'm glad it worked. Sometimes the tiniest little thing can throw any combo off.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...