• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tylerjames
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2020

Need some suggestions!

Best Mini Sewing Machines to Sew Mini Projects

Whenever we start learning something, the best way to start and get succeed in it is to take baby steps. People who are quite passionate and enthusiastic about sewing must have already imagined what their sewing room must look like and where they will set all the things. Now if you are wondering where to place the sewing machine in a room because you don’t have plenty of space then choose mini sewing machines.

Your good sewing machine for beginners needs small space in a sewing room and it can provide you so many benefits at the same time. These sewing machines are not for playing but to design projects according to your basic level. Today we have come up with some of the mini sewing machines which are suitable to start sewing career.

Singer 3223R Handy Sewing Machine:

This handy and mini sewing machine may look small in appearance but it’s a complete package when we are talking about features. From the threading process to stitching quality, this sewing machine has everything you were searching for in other beginner’s level sewing machines.

Features:

Singer 3223R Handy sewing machine has come up with 23 built-in stitches including stretch, decorative and one automatic 4-step buttonhole. You can also adjust stitch length and width by pressing a single button.

The speed of this mini sewing machine is quite impressive as it can provide 1100 stitches per minute. This mini sewing machine can compete with other models too.

It also has an automatic needle threading system to make things easier and smooth. You can save lots of time and a sewing machine can do the whole threading process.

Singer 3223R weighs only 12.2 pounds with dimensions 15x7.5x12 inches. You can easily travel with this sewing machine to anywhere you want.

Brother XR9550PRW Computerized Sewing Machine:

Brother can always be an excellent solution to all your sewing needs. Even if it’s a small sewing machine, it can prepare all the basic level projects in a few hours. From the quality to durability, brother XR9550PRW is an amazing sewing machine for all the designers and learners.

Features:

Brother XR9550PRW sewing machine has 110 built-in stitches along with 8 styles of buttonholes. These stitches are stylish as well as trendy.

The free-arm feature allows you to sew small openings like cuffs, collars, and sleeves in no time. Free motion quilting is also available in this sewing machine.

The weight of the best Brother sewing machine is about 18.65 pounds. With the help of the selection dial, you can easily select any of the stitches you want for the project. You can learn more at https://craftsselection.com/best-bro...chine-reviews/ about this sewing machine.

Eight quick-change presser’s feet in this sewing machine are available and it also has a protective case to save the body from any kind of damage. It has an automatic needle threading system for time-saving.

Janome Fast Lane Portable Sewing Machine:

After looking at this sewing machine, you may feel whether you should buy it or not? Is this going to work or is it just to play? Janome is a reputable brand that always comes up with quality and power-packed performance sewing machines. This sewing machine is just not suitable for you but your kids as well.

Features:

Janome fast lane portable sewing machine has 10 built-in stitches and they can be easily selected with the help of stitch selection dial.

This portable sewing machine weighs only 5 pounds and even a kid can handle this sewing machine. You can travel with this model to anywhere without worrying about weight.
    This sewing machine has a free-arm feature to reach any narrow openings in your garment. From cuffs to sleeves, you can sew almost any kind of narrow areas with it.

The appearance of Janome fast lane portable sewing machine is quite funky so if you are thinking of gift this to your daughter then this is the right choice for you.

Singer Pixie-Plus Craft Sewing Machine:

The singer is the major manufacturer of the sewing machine in the market and this time, this model has come up with a mini sewing machine. This sewing machine is an excellent choice for all the beginners out there. It’s affordable with full of features and of high-quality.

Features:

Singer Pixie-Plus Craft sewing machine weighs only 5 pounds so you can always travel with this sewing machine.

No matter if you want this sewing machine for yourself as a beginner or for your kids, this sewing machine is always a great solution to learn to stitch.

This sewing model has four stitching options so you can always sew something basic out of this sewing machine.

This sewing machine can be powered with both AC power and batteries. With the help of stitch selection dial, you can select any stitch you want.

Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine:

Brother XM1010 is one of the best sewing machines from this brand. This model has the best choice award from women who are satisfied with the performance. This sewing machine is mini but in working this model has everything you ever desire from a professional working machine.

Features:

This sewing machine has 10 built-in stitches with 4 step stitch selector. Now you can select any stitch by moving dialer.

Brother XM1010 sewing machine has four kinds of sewing feet to help you in doing better designing without getting into the complications.

The construction of this sewing machine is durable, reliable and warranted. It also has a jam-proof bobbin winding system.

This sewing machine has lots of accessories so you don’t have to invest in sewing machine accessories as well. You can store accessories inside the machine.

Conclusion:

As a student, you should always go for a mini sewing machine as they need less investment and you can get accurate results. If you were wondering Which is The Best Sewing Machine For Beginners and Fashion Design Students then now you can select any of the above-mentioned sewing machines.

These mini sewing machines are power-packed and you will get every kind of feature out of these. Simply plug-in and start sewing.
    Last edited by tylerjames; 04-16-2022, 04:00 AM.
  • Beancooker
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2020

I just did a write up on building a platform. I went a little over the top in building it, but it came out pretty good.

Building a speed bag platform So I wanted a speed bag platform. I needed it adjustable so my wife can use it too. I wanted it sturdy and to not have vibration, wiggle, or bounce around. I looked online at all the platforms available and none that were affordable would be easy enough for my wife to adjust. So I set out to

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Also check the "Gold Mine" section of these forums, or just do a search, as there has been a lot of "custom" platform work done here

Comment

• BagBoy
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2018

The interweb and this forum is awash in various home built platforms through various methods. If you can see it in your head - You Can Build It.
        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...